By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

12mm pine

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
martin towers29/12/2010 09:51:53
1 forum posts
Hi - I need advice about getting good quality thin boards for a craft project. I don't want to use ply and (preferably) don't want to use t &g. I'd like to use something like the stuff used on good wine boxes. I looked up one wine crate supplier and they said they use '12mm furniture grade dressed pine' - where would I get that near Birmingham. Any ideas please. Martin
Big Al29/12/2010 11:38:40
1593 forum posts
73 photos
12mm thick is a non standard thickness. Usually PAR softwood is sold in 18mm thickness, and thicker boards are generally available. If there is a timber merchants or joinery company that sells timber to the public then you may get what you want.
Try looking in the yellow pages for either timber merchant, timber yard or joinery manufacturers.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact