By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

TIMBER WORKTOP OFFCUTS

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ANDREW CURRY30/11/2010 21:40:37
1 forum posts
Hi all,

Just joined this site and find the tips really useful.  Does anybody know of anywhere i can buy timber worktop offcuts? I live in durham but can collect.
Sparky30/11/2010 22:15:26
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Andrew and welcome to this site's forum

The best thing you can do is to look in your yellow pages for kitchen builders/workers in your area and ask, the same applies to your timber merchants....I'm sure you can find more than we can offer but, I'm also sure some members on here may offer some places too.

In the meantime, why not fill in your profile and tell us a bit about yourself and projects you have made and would like to in the future.

Marc 
John Kinch01/12/2010 11:24:22
206 forum posts
91 photos
I recently bought some from my local B&Q store. The staff were very helpfull and cut me acouple of good pieces from some full length tops that were damaged stock.
  John k.
George Arnold01/12/2010 15:01:12
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Hi Gys
Have you seen this month Good Woodworking issue235 the letter of the month deals with the very subject, showing what Ken Mackinnon has made using work top offcuts.

And for those that are interested Ralph Harvey's article on a carriage clock is published  with pictures and good instruction details.  Nice one  Ralph

George
Ron Davis02/12/2010 19:39:57
1596 forum posts
201 photos
You could try joining Freecycle, I have had some good items from them,

Ron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact