By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

competitions

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
paul waite29/11/2010 16:12:54
1 forum posts
Does the Practical woodworker mag run  open competitions which are judged just prior to the opening of  the woodwork show? Either a set test piece, or anything made by the entrant of thier own chosing.
    They used to hold open comps like this in the 90s at Alexandre Palace, but I'm not sure they still exist.

The Institute of carpenters used to run open competitions, and exam test pieces but sadly no longer do so, only skill based construction industry craft awards for NVQ college students.

If the answer's "yes they do"...When's the next one?
If the answer's "No".....Then why not?  

dennis wake29/11/2010 22:02:47
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Paul
  firstly welcom to this site.
    the only comp i know of with conection to this site is at alexandre palace and that is a turning comp at next years show on week end 11th and 12th march 2011. i hope that this is of use to you.
  dennis
Ralph Harvey05/12/2010 23:26:48
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Are they running the competition next year Dennis

I noticed in the recent issue of Good Wood that it was not listed in the Show page ? I hope it is, i am hoping to get back out in the shed in time for the competition ?

Ralph

Edited By Ralph Harvey on 05/12/2010 23:28:03

dennis wake05/12/2010 23:42:19
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Ralph
 welcome back not heard from you for a wile. well done on your article i enjoyed it. as fare as i know ther is a comp as it was in the mag about it. i am in proses of putting a piece together so i to hope so.look in the woodworker and woodturner for December page 63 for comp entry form.i to hope you get back in to the work shop in time for the comp.
  dennis

Edited By dennis wake on 05/12/2010 23:47:54

Ralph Harvey06/12/2010 08:02:54
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Ok Thanks for that Dennis

i will get  a copy of the woodworker, normally only get Good Woodworking will have to start getting both again, Been a bit up and down with health this year but hoping to get back out there just in time for the worst of the cold weather ?

Thanks the article was fun and as you can see not as complicated as it might initally look but thats the point really ? i hope.

Ralph

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact