By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

REPLACEMENT RIP FENCE

Biesmeyer rip fence system

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ged Meager01/01/2009 12:18:00
222 forum posts

A very happy new year to all good working buddies out there may our joints all be tight and gap free and may we all nd this new year with as many fingers as we stated with

At present I have a Record 10inch table saw but I can' set the rip fence up paralell  to the blade and there are no ajusters  'wonder hy they went bust' so I am seriously thinking of replacing the fent with a Biesemeyer and wondered if any of you good buddies had used this product  and could let me know your opinions please.Yours hopefully

GED MEAGER

Olly Parry-Jones01/01/2009 17:02:00
2776 forum posts
636 photos

Hi Ged,

Which Record saw do you have, just out interest? Their fences generally seem to incoprorate this kind of adjustment somewhere in the design (it's normally underneath).

...Record have gone bust??? Where did you hear this?!

The Biesemeyer fences have had very good write-ups in the past - obviously, they're not cheap! 

Dauid Kent02/01/2009 11:45:00
217 forum posts
1 photos

opj you need to carefull what you say about recordpower about going bust ? ill ring them on monday to find out let you known  dave

Big Al02/01/2009 13:36:00
1598 forum posts
73 photos
Dave, it was ged that insinuating that record had gone (first thread, second paragraph) bust, not Olly. Al
Ged Meager02/01/2009 14:33:00
222 forum posts
this was just something I'd heard over the grape vine could well be incorrect am prepared for wrist slapping The saw I have is a TSPP250 Which I bought in 03 at a Yandles show in Somerset
Big Al02/01/2009 14:46:00
1598 forum posts
73 photos

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/images/upload/TSPP250AV_web_popup.jpg

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/extraimages/TSPP250-Fence-gauge.jpg

Hi ged, I have just googled your saw, and if its the same as the one that I looked at on D&M's web site then it should be straight forward to adjust. If this is the fence on your saw then all you need to do is to slacken the 4 screws near the handle (whilst the fence is locked into position) and give it a tap with a soft faced mallet to make it parallel and tighten the screws up.

Al

Dauid Kent05/01/2009 14:13:00
217 forum posts
1 photos
hi all just phoned recordpower they have not gone bust ged so you can still get your parts from them ok dave
Ged Meager07/01/2009 12:23:00
222 forum posts
Hi all thanks for your replies and help I have been in contact with Record Power myself and as you people say they're still very much in business,I will order a new rip fence through them this pm  My only hope is that its better thant the oroginal and has some decent adjusters on it so it can be set up well.
Ged Meager01/01/2009 12:18:00
222 forum posts

A very happy new year to all good working buddies out there may our joints all be tight and gap free and may we all nd this new year with as many fingers as we stated with

At present I have a Record 10inch table saw but I can' set the rip fence up paralell  to the blade and there are no ajusters  'wonder hy they went bust' so I am seriously thinking of replacing the fent with a Biesemeyer and wondered if any of you good buddies had used this product  and could let me know your opinions please.Yours hopefully

GED MEAGER

Olly Parry-Jones01/01/2009 17:02:00
2776 forum posts
636 photos

Hi Ged,

Which Record saw do you have, just out interest? Their fences generally seem to incoprorate this kind of adjustment somewhere in the design (it's normally underneath).

...Record have gone bust??? Where did you hear this?!

The Biesemeyer fences have had very good write-ups in the past - obviously, they're not cheap! 

Dauid Kent02/01/2009 11:45:00
217 forum posts
1 photos

opj you need to carefull what you say about recordpower about going bust ? ill ring them on monday to find out let you known  dave

Big Al02/01/2009 13:36:00
1598 forum posts
73 photos
Dave, it was ged that insinuating that record had gone (first thread, second paragraph) bust, not Olly. Al
Ged Meager02/01/2009 14:33:00
222 forum posts
this was just something I'd heard over the grape vine could well be incorrect am prepared for wrist slapping The saw I have is a TSPP250 Which I bought in 03 at a Yandles show in Somerset
Big Al02/01/2009 14:46:00
1598 forum posts
73 photos

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/images/upload/TSPP250AV_web_popup.jpg

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/extraimages/TSPP250-Fence-gauge.jpg

Hi ged, I have just googled your saw, and if its the same as the one that I looked at on D&M's web site then it should be straight forward to adjust. If this is the fence on your saw then all you need to do is to slacken the 4 screws near the handle (whilst the fence is locked into position) and give it a tap with a soft faced mallet to make it parallel and tighten the screws up.

Al

Dauid Kent05/01/2009 14:13:00
217 forum posts
1 photos
hi all just phoned recordpower they have not gone bust ged so you can still get your parts from them ok dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact