By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

spindle threads

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Turning for beginners, Part 1

Turning for beginners, Part 1

Fancy trying your hand at woodturning, but donít know where to start? Alan Holtham will show you the way in this brand new series. Hereís part 1Ö

Dave Atkinson23/09/2010 12:41:55
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi Liz

Supernova is a great chuck - I have one.  They are sold by Record Power and their distributors but Sorby make the Patriot chuck and the jaw sets are compatible.

You'll find this is very helpful forum and as others have said you are very welcome but..........................
as far as getting hubby's card - I don't think we can help!!! 

I think you may have to use your womanly wiles!

Cheers Dave 
dennis wake23/09/2010 16:46:49
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Liz
  go for it and on the extraction of the credit card. just get him a 24 pack of his favarit tiple and make shure he drinks a fue of them and then you can say he give you the card to get the chuck under the influans. he will never remember unles he is a tea totaler.
   dennis

Edited By dennis wake on 23/09/2010 16:48:12

Ron Davis23/09/2010 17:35:09
1619 forum posts
201 photos
Liz tell him it is either a chuck or you will take him shoe shopping, it works with me!

George, yes a great holiday thanks, stayed with friends who have two lovely dogs, my second favourite hobby!

Ron
Eric Harvey 119/10/2010 15:25:36
221 forum posts
81 photos
hi there m24 is the diameter og the spindle,the 3 is a 3mm pitch on the thread,so thats 24mm across and 3mm thread size,or roughly 1x8 in english,I did alot of reseach when I wanted to get a proper lathe,if you go onto the AXMINSTER website on their chuck/jaw section they give a list of most threads available and if you get in touch with their tech guys,they are very helpful,regards,

Eric

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact