By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Incinerator at Aldis

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sparky03/09/2010 23:16:43
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Thursday 9th September at Aldis...

• This eco-friendly incinerator helps you recycle and dispose of your garden waste easily and is ideal for burning cuttings, hedge trimmings and debris as you tidy your garden
  • Capacity: 120 litres
  • Dimensions: 46 x 46 x 65cm
£19. 99  each

Dont forget to use this outside of the workshop/shed  and have either a bucket of water or hose nearby........just incase

Marc

Big Al04/09/2010 15:00:39
1604 forum posts
73 photos
B&Q, homebase, wickes and most DIY stores sell incinerators for around the same price.

Al 
Sparky04/09/2010 18:26:21
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Oddjob05/09/2010 16:46:44
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Our local hardware shop sells them at the same price too.  They don't make any claim about them being "eco-friendly" though!  In order for any incinerator to be "eco-friendly" it would need to have a sophisticated smoke combustion system and a means of collecting the non-flammable chemicals generated.  I also doubt that the claim about recycling can be valid either - unless you are using it as a space heater.  (And I don't mean outer-space!)

Richard  
Dave Atkinson05/09/2010 17:57:34
672 forum posts
115 photos
You could also use it to burn all those turnings that donlt quite got to plan.

I save mine for a pal up the road who has a fire.

His usual quote is "that was nearly a superb piece!!" 

Cheers Dave 

Alan T.06/09/2010 19:27:23
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Can't believe your pal gets many to burn Dave.  I would have thought burning anything in one of these would contribute to air pollution.Why else smokeless Zones. Alan T.
George Arnold06/09/2010 19:54:20
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Richard
Are you incinerating that Sparky's information is incorrect, I must agree  about it not being echo-friendly, the wood ash could be recycled on the garden as potash so long as it is only clean wood that is burnt.

Did you ever come across the Salamander heater that used old oil for the fuel? I think that was even less friendly.

George
Dave Atkinson06/09/2010 20:19:18
672 forum posts
115 photos
You'd be surprised Alan.  All goes well and then all of a sudden - whoops, oh dear what a shame (or words to that effect!)

Cheers Dave

PS I don't seem to be able to create a thread - it keeps throwing me back to the "Create a Thread" Page when I've finished and I can;t create a thread to ask why i can't create a thread....if you see what I mean.  Any ideas?
George Arnold06/09/2010 20:25:57
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Dave

I had that happen, I think I pressed the button marked ctrl instead of button to print a capital.
 If that makes sense but I am no computor wizard  George
Oddjob07/09/2010 10:55:38
1635 forum posts
79 photos
George asked:

"Did you ever come across the Salamander heater that used old oil for the fuel? I think that was even less friendly."

I did indeed George.  It was frequently used in car repair workshops because they had a ready supply of free used oil.  I know of two that are still in use.

Richard
George Arnold07/09/2010 19:32:40
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Richard
 I  would have thought they  would be banned by now, with all the regulation that are in place today,

George
Julian07/09/2010 20:04:58
556 forum posts
28 photos
I wonder how much pollution a burned out car produces, we get enough of them around here. It must be a similar sort of toxin.

Jewls
Oddjob07/09/2010 20:34:57
1635 forum posts
79 photos
George

They probably are banned from the workplace now but one man bands are not covered by the Health & Safety at Work Regulations and the Envronment Agency won't be interested unless they get a complaint.

Alan

Small garden bonfires are not regulated.  Log burners are also exempt from the regulations.

Richard
Ron Davis07/09/2010 21:07:13
1619 forum posts
201 photos
I remember Sallamanders with some affection.gave ut enormous amount of heat and churred away all day. I would not say they were dangerous, more like lethal! I dread the thought of one tipping over.

A friend of mine used to have a small garage/repair workshop. He had a proper waste oil burner fitted, all eco friendly and efficient. The council found out about it and banned it because he did not have a licence for it, the snag was other people would bring oil for him to burn and not just old engine oil

As for those nearly a masterpiece, my daughter gets those for the fire

Ron

Edited By Ron Davis on 07/09/2010 21:07:39

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact