By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Advise needed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
james o neill28/08/2010 21:07:28
4 forum posts
Sold my scheppach 4010, so I could replace it with a saw with a scoring unit Set off to Dublin in search of replacement, 3 saws to choose from= scheppach 4020ci 3600 euro, record ts315 2395 euro (includes extractor) and fox f36-540 2000 euro. I have experience of scheppach, but none of the others. Record and Fox looked really well built machines for a lot less money. Anybody out there share their knowledge of any of these saws, help would be welcome.
Bernard Doughty29/08/2010 13:49:45
14 forum posts
Hi James,

These seem to be very serious pieces of kit you are looking at. Well above my needs but I just Googled them and the biggest difference I could see was their respective weights. The Record weighs three times more than the Scheppach. Is this a good thing, I'm not too sure but it should cut down on vibration. Neither of the two saws seem to comfortably deal with cutting full 4x8 sheets without assistance. I see that with the Scheppach you can keep using the 12" blade with the scoring unit at the same time, whereas with the Record you need to change down to a 10" inch blade. Finally, it seem that the Scheppach is three phase powered and the Record only two.

One thing mystifies me somewhat,  and that is the prices you quoted. Looking through various web sites, the price for the Scheppach is only around the £2,600, which is a lot better than the 3,600€ you quoted. Maybe I'm wrong there. 

One other thing you ought to pay attention to is after sales assistance. That is important.

Anyway, good luck and good hunting. Mind those fingers...

Bernard. 

james o neill29/08/2010 19:02:50
4 forum posts
Thanks for reply  Bernard . Price I was quoted included side extention table,  2 metre sliding carriage and extra long fence. I need it for kitchen work mostly,I usually buy my chipboard in 600mm rips. These saws suit me because of shed size.
Ged Meager09/09/2010 19:08:26
222 forum posts
Hi James ,I personally don't like Record saws I have a 10'' table saw  I find the blade changing a fiddle. The rip fence I don't like at all theres no fine adjustment to it and it doesn't stay paralel to the blade leading to stock binding up the is no adjustment on the far end of the fence so you can't set it up and leave it  I would;'t recommend it at all
GED MEAGER

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact