By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Triton Woodworking Tools

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sparky18/11/2008 09:52:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Now thats interesting.

I wonder if there will be a difference in pricing with B&Q selling Triton tools too, or is that a different Triton.

Marc 

Andy King18/11/2008 10:05:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles

Hi Marc,

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I don't think B&Q are stocking Triton any more, but its definitely the same brand. Pricing should be similar to original B&Q prices as far as I can tell, but I don't think you'll be seeing the 1/2 price sell offs that B&Q were doing a few months back!

cheers
Andy

Sparky18/11/2008 10:15:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Andy

I popped in to B&Q yesterday as they have started their Christmas stock with really great price reductions. In some cases £20-30 off tools!!..

Just waiting for their other branch (ScrewFix) to offer better, then you can do the price promise at B&Q as they are pretty good at trying to sell their products above the others.

Just need the money to buy them all now!

Marc

Keith Woodythings19/11/2008 11:16:00
2 forum posts

Triton do a good range of tools, many of innovative design and features,some however, are obvious re badging. I have wondered for some time why their products have not been better featured on the British woodworking scene. I use Triton and have found them to be excellent in every way, it is apparent that true professionals have had design input.

I hope that this move may see a justified increased  presence on the British scene such as they are in Oz; & the U.S.A.

Try looking on their Australian website to see the much broader range.

Ray Kirby04/12/2008 16:31:00
2 forum posts

Sorry to say but Triton may have a few problems now as their main holding company GMC went into receivership in oz on Dec 1st.

Supply may get a bit patchy but you may also get some good Christmas bargains if they start clearing out stock.

Sparky04/12/2008 18:56:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Ray

That's not very nice news and before Christmas too......This credit crisis is hitting more and more firms across the world than I think most of us really knew.

I wonder what happens with back ups and guarantees?

Marc  

Kevin Higgins05/12/2008 22:43:00
54 forum posts
5 photos
I have two triton routers, one in a table full time, i think they are excellent.I recently got the second in b & q for half price,hopefully they will have more as i cant recommend them highly enough
Nick Gibbs06/12/2008 09:47:00
15 forum posts

I think Triton tools are now distributed by Silverline Tools in the UK, though you won't find much about them yet on the website (silverline.com).

We tested the small Triton router last year, and it was fantastic. The best router for installing in a router table, and fantastic value. Do email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com if you would like a pdf of that test, and if you'd like a free sample of British Woodworking mag.

Cheers

Nick

Editor, British Woodworking

Sparky18/11/2008 09:52:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Now thats interesting.

I wonder if there will be a difference in pricing with B&Q selling Triton tools too, or is that a different Triton.

Marc 

Andy King18/11/2008 10:05:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles

Hi Marc,

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I don't think B&Q are stocking Triton any more, but its definitely the same brand. Pricing should be similar to original B&Q prices as far as I can tell, but I don't think you'll be seeing the 1/2 price sell offs that B&Q were doing a few months back!

cheers
Andy

Sparky18/11/2008 10:15:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Andy

I popped in to B&Q yesterday as they have started their Christmas stock with really great price reductions. In some cases £20-30 off tools!!..

Just waiting for their other branch (ScrewFix) to offer better, then you can do the price promise at B&Q as they are pretty good at trying to sell their products above the others.

Just need the money to buy them all now!

Marc

Keith Woodythings19/11/2008 11:16:00
2 forum posts

Triton do a good range of tools, many of innovative design and features,some however, are obvious re badging. I have wondered for some time why their products have not been better featured on the British woodworking scene. I use Triton and have found them to be excellent in every way, it is apparent that true professionals have had design input.

I hope that this move may see a justified increased  presence on the British scene such as they are in Oz; & the U.S.A.

Try looking on their Australian website to see the much broader range.

Ray Kirby04/12/2008 16:31:00
2 forum posts

Sorry to say but Triton may have a few problems now as their main holding company GMC went into receivership in oz on Dec 1st.

Supply may get a bit patchy but you may also get some good Christmas bargains if they start clearing out stock.

Sparky04/12/2008 18:56:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Ray

That's not very nice news and before Christmas too......This credit crisis is hitting more and more firms across the world than I think most of us really knew.

I wonder what happens with back ups and guarantees?

Marc  

Kevin Higgins05/12/2008 22:43:00
54 forum posts
5 photos
I have two triton routers, one in a table full time, i think they are excellent.I recently got the second in b & q for half price,hopefully they will have more as i cant recommend them highly enough

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact