Woodworker latest issue

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ralph Harvey18/11/2008 00:04:00
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles

My copy arived today,

I havnt had time to read too much yet but you have got to see the wooden car on page 12 it's amazing.

From what i have seen the rest of the mag looks good to, will add to the thread later after i have read more.

Ralph

Sparky18/11/2008 07:17:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

I certainly found the sections on 'Understand' wood screws interesting (page 40), someone must of listened to me some time back

Marc

Ralph Harvey18/11/2008 20:06:00
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles

Yes Marc

Goes quite well with the screew guide in the recent Good Wood. all i need now is a drill sizing guide ( If you are thinking in the future GW )

All in all not a bad read i think, the turning section is a bit thin, it seems to aim too high on the skill required or functional needs in turning,  i often wonder if they should do more aimed at the beginner and weekend turners, what do you think  ?

Ralph

Ralph Harvey19/11/2008 12:32:00
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles

I have just read the section on "Budget Priced" Cordless Jigsaws.

A very impressive read and some very serious kit worth every penny, Just one thing though, i bought a set of cordless tools last year, it consisted of a drill, jigsaw, Detail Sander, a Torch, 2 Batteries and a charger.

The Torch & sander were stuck in the back of the shed and have stayed there the drill is used almost daily and the jigsaw is great for odd jobs, go to buy sheet material and cut to fit the car, or rip to fit the shed its brilliant.

And the next question, What did it cost ?................. Full price £40 Yes that is right £40, however i bought it in the sale just after Christmas and i paid £10, for the set from Wilkinsons

So it is well worth looking around if you only want it for odd jobs, if it is to be more proffessionally used you would probably be better paying a bit more.

Ralph

Richard Brown20/11/2008 21:45:00
12 forum posts

On checking at W H Smith's today I saw that the latest issue of GW had some foam brushes included as a free gift.

Why did subscribers miss out on the freebies, or was I the only one?

Richard

Sparky20/11/2008 22:18:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

We don't get any freebies with our deliveries..well, I don't..........and I didn't know there was any with the magazines.......

Marc

Ralph Harvey20/11/2008 22:25:00
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles

Marc

Whilst it is nice to get freebies, you are not realy missing anything.

Mind you they would probably be good for applying the stain to your lattest project, you can have mine if you want ?

Ralph

Doug20/11/2008 22:27:00
3415 forum posts
35 photos

The freebies are there to tempt you to buy, as you`ve already taken out a subscription they don`t need to tempt you.

Lifes a black gooey adhesive or is that a bitch?

Sparky20/11/2008 22:29:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

roflmao!

your not wrong there mate

Doug20/11/2008 22:32:00
3415 forum posts
35 photos
 It`s nice to right once in a while
Richard Brown20/11/2008 22:55:00
12 forum posts

I agree with the comments about the brushes 'not being much use' and 'there to tempt you to buy' but only recently, on this forum, someone was asking for useful freebies such as 'screw size guides'

One rule for one.

I need to be tempted to renew my subscription when it becomes due.  The value/use of the freebie to any individual is immaterial.

Woodworker20/11/2008 23:01:00
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Can I remind everyone that this thread concerns The Woodworker. I don't think it's the appropriate place to post any gripes about Good Woodworking.

Cheers,
Ben
Ralph Harvey20/11/2008 23:04:00
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles

I suppose it must work on the idea "its the thought that counts"

Mind you i did get a nice set of chisels with the subscription for The Woodworker, and i will probably take out the subscription for Good Wood when they offer something else i want ?

Ralph

Woodchip28/12/2008 10:04:00
380 forum posts
7 photos

I thought a freebie was something you threw for your dog to catch!

John 

George Arnold28/12/2008 16:21:00
1834 forum posts
191 photos

As with all things today, nothing for loyalty, if there was a voucher in each months mag and you could claim a useful gadget if you saved all twelve , it might be an incentive to  take the mag fo the twelve months on subscription.

Ben says this is the wrong place  to gripe about another mag, but aren't they both out of the same stable?

George

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact