By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Need a Bearing

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Atkinson04/08/2010 13:07:42
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi Guys

Mt SIP 14" Bandsaw needs new bearings.  I checked the number (608Z) and found them at Simply Bearings:

They cost just over £2 each plus VAT plus postage at £1.50.  If I'd bought 10 or more the price reduced but I only need 6 and they last ages.

I'm home on Friday so I'll let you know if they've come.

Cheers Dave 
Olly Parry-Jones04/08/2010 16:45:18
2776 forum posts
636 photos
Hi Dave,

A couple of years ago, I also used Simply Bearings to replace a few bearings on my 12in SIP saw. I found their service was excellent, with next-day delivery as well! Can't fault their delivery charges either, where other firms may try and charge you £5 or more, even for such a small amount... :-P

Did you go for the rubber-sealed bearings? I did find that they last much longer and prevent the ingress of fine dust (before I sold that saw and upgraded to a much bigger model!).
Dave Atkinson04/08/2010 17:25:02
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi Olly

I just went for a straight replacement, but the service is excellent.  35 minutes after I placed the order I got an email to say they had been despatched. 

Next time I need new bearings I'll go for the slightly more expensive (and presumably) better bearings.

Cheers Dave 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact