By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

inverluted turning

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

dennis wake30/07/2010 22:46:23
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
after seeing a demmo at my turning club by margaret garrad on inverluted turning i was inspierd to have a go at the encased wisky bottle. the demmo was verry intaresting as i have never seen this type of turning before.
sad sam31/07/2010 09:58:38
597 forum posts
234 photos
hi dennis
i missed it that night i was on holiday im hoping the club has a video of invaluting turning
nice turned bottle and eccellent choice of whisky
sadsam
dennis wake31/07/2010 12:20:46
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Robby
    you missed a good demmo mate. they did record it so you should be able to get it. the better half says unfortunatly you canot get at it.
  dennis
Julian31/07/2010 13:41:36
552 forum posts
28 photos
Hi Dennis

I have been away for a few weeks, the wife has been doing a consert at the Minack Theatre in Cornwall so just catching up on the mail. I hope that bottle of Grouse was empty when you sealed it in
I presume the bottom must come off to gain access to the content.

Julian

dennis wake31/07/2010 16:50:35
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Julian
      sadly the bottom dos'nt come of to gain access and no other part comes away it is entumed for life and it is still full. talking of bottles did the better half like the other bottle. this inverluted turning is a new thing for me and i will be experimenting with the other projects Margaret displayed on the table so wach this space.
  dennis  

Edited By dennis wake on 31/07/2010 16:51:28

Oddjob31/07/2010 19:04:06
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Hi Guys

I have done some "involuted" turning in the past.  See my album.  Sorry I don't know how to put a link here.  The thing is, my works were made in four pieces.  That doesn't seem to be how Dennis's were done -  or have I got it wrong?

Richard
Julian31/07/2010 21:24:54
552 forum posts
28 photos
Hi Dennis,

Shame about the bottle, never mind it's good to look at and if you ever get in a temper you can break the mold and drink the content.

The other bottle, yes we went down south a couple of weeks ago and while we were down there it was our 25th so I gave it to her then. She loves it but there is one down side to all this, she want's to put it as a centre piece on top of the piano. This means that I will have to clear all of my junk from here and find somewhere else for it. So thank's again for that Dennis, another few brownie points down to you.

Julian

dennis wake01/08/2010 00:41:27
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Richard and Julian
      the bottle is made in 4 pices as were yours Richard and i have looked at them they are realy good.if you want to post a photo then look at marc's posting on how to add photos it is a good explonation.
    glad to hear that the better half liked the bottle
dennis
Doug03/08/2010 20:28:56
3415 forum posts
35 photos
That looks good Dennis.

I saw Margaret a year or so ago, she is, as you say  inspiring. Her pierced work is amazing & her flowers stunning.

This is my attempt at  one of her flowers.

Not a patch on Margaret`s, she certainly is a clever woman to imagine & create the designs she comes up with.

Cheers.

Baz  

Edited By baz on 03/08/2010 20:30:20

Ron Davis04/08/2010 19:39:58
1614 forum posts
201 photos
Dennis, did you apply the final finish on the lathe, if so how dizzy is the Famous Grouse?

Ron
Ged Meager08/08/2010 16:09:44
222 forum posts
I'm just about to embark on the involuted trale myself unfortunately
|I've never seen any demos so got to work it out for myself unles  somone one can suggest some literature or a video. Bas what a great piece very professional
woodturner ged
Sparky08/08/2010 19:13:58
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Ged

Sue Harker is one to look out for, here is a link to her webpage which has more information for you.. ►►Sue Harker ◄◄

Marc

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact