By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Pyrograph of Fordson Tractor

burnt on sycamore board

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

tony bevis20/07/2010 20:30:23
83 forum posts
32 photos

Ive been doing a few steam fairs and vehical fairs lately so this is a burn Ive done with this in mind but it is very dificult to get people to part with their money lately.Im demonstrating at the Rural Life Centre near Farnham Surry on sunday ,if anyone is there pease say hello .
The event is called Rustic Sunday and there will plenty of things going on    (www.rurallife.plus.com/rlc/page8.html)                                                         
Sparky20/07/2010 20:58:55
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Again you show us your great skill Tony, another masterpiece mate, well done.....

Regarding parting people of their money, make a big sign telling them its a massive discount from £350 down to what you want to sell them for......your get some just thinking of how much they save and your just sell your artwork

Marc
dennis wake21/07/2010 06:32:36
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Tony
    thi is verry good mate i always look forward to seeing your work i just love the detail you put in to them.
   Marc i will have to try that as well at the next craft fair on saterday. mark up all the prices to duble what i want for them and say a one day special of half marked prices and see how i fair.
 dennis
tony bevis21/07/2010 15:17:18
83 forum posts
32 photos
Sounds good Marc maybe ill give it a go ,up till last christmas things were good but its a bit slow now.  I will have to slow down now as we will be moveing soon and theres so much work  to do to the new house I cant see me getting a workshop sorted for a while.
Good luck Dennis with the next craft fair hope you can sell a bit more its a great buzz when you have a good day.We like the social side of it and have made a great deal of feinds all over the south of england..............Tony

George Arnold21/07/2010 16:36:12
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Tony
 Another nice piece of work, up to your normal standard, I think every one is having a problem selling at this moment in time, and I can't see it improving in the near future, hope your house move goes well .

George
tony bevis21/07/2010 20:10:03
83 forum posts
32 photos
Thanks George     At least the move is not to far so we will still be able to run our arts and craft group and stay with our freinds ,only 14 miles.     .....Tony
Dave Atkinson22/07/2010 20:38:59
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi Tony

I've just had a look at the rest of your photos as well.  They are all outstanding - good luck on Sunday

cheers dave 
Mark Sutton23/07/2010 17:39:17
193 forum posts
59 photos
Hi Tony

I love the work, not a skill i could achieve myself, but would love to try at some point

Well done
tony bevis23/07/2010 20:07:03
83 forum posts
32 photos
Thanks guys   I started doing pyrography about 8 years ago I think after many years of  playing with most types of art and have loved every minute of it.My idea was to make things to put my art on but as we all know we cant do every thing. I do decorate boxes with pyro and hope to get around to making my own .I still dable with paint now and then by adding  to my pyro...By the way the picture of the jack russell i use  as my avata is one of my paintings  ....Thanks again ........Tony
dennis wake23/07/2010 22:10:24
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Tony
  we have all admired your pyrography. as for the paintings if the jack russel is a showing of your other talent well then you are verry talented in a vast aray of crafts.
 well don and keep them coming.
    dennis 
tony bevis28/07/2010 16:18:04
83 forum posts
32 photos
Thanks Dennis about the painting .The event on sunday went well at the Rural life Centre with a lot of interest in my work and demonstration .my wife and I have been ivited to their christmas event in november which sounds good.
 I sold 8 small items ,never going to make a fortune this year     Tony

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact