By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Acorn Box

made from Maple and Sapele and finished in U Beaut friction polish. The 10p coin gives an idea of the actual size of this box.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Garfield11/07/2010 13:13:11
59 forum posts
112 photos

I have just bought a CL3 CAM lathe from record power.  This the first thing that i made on it.  I broke the tool rest on my sealey SM42 while trying to turn a yew log.  I managed to get a really good tight fit between the two parts.  It is finished with U Beaut friction polish and burnished with the U Beaut polishing creme I forget what it is called.
Garfield11/07/2010 18:11:40
59 forum posts
112 photos
The polishing cream is EEE ultra shine, i've just been back out to the workshop to check what it was. 
dennis wake11/07/2010 18:49:54
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi Garfield
    nice little box you have done there. you have chosen well with record as ther after sailes service is second to none. make shure to register it on ther web site and if you have any problems you can email them for a swift reply ( hope you never have any problems with it ).
   dennis
Garfield11/07/2010 19:50:27
59 forum posts
112 photos
Dennis,

Thank you, I have registered with then record web site.  I visited Isaac Lord last week for some spindle oil and they said that if there are any problems Record are excellent at sorting out problems.  Hopefully i will never have to find out.

Garfield
Dave Atkinson12/07/2010 13:10:41
672 forum posts
115 photos
Great box Garfield and I have also found record's service to be excellent as well.

Cheers Dave 
Alan T.13/07/2010 20:40:43
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Hello Garfield, Well done Garfield a very nice box. Have you any pictures of it open please.
Cheers   Alan T. 
Garfield14/07/2010 06:02:31
59 forum posts
112 photos

Hi Alan,

If you look back in my album, the picture titled acorn box 3 shows four pictures together, these pics are of the box open.

I hope this is helpful, thankss for looking.

Garfield 
Alan T.14/07/2010 08:27:35
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Thanks Garfield,  Alan T.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact