By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Worshipful Company of Turners Competition

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Atkinson28/05/2010 09:26:08
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi all

As a member of Executive Committee of the Association of Woodturners of Great Britain we have received the following from the Nick Edwards of  the Worshipful Company.  The closing date for the competition has been extended until June11th so get turning!  For those of you who are members of the AWGB there is a section for us and it's well worth entering.

I have no other details other than those below (which give a link to the website).  If you want to know more about the AWGB please send me a PM

Cheers Dave

text from WCT:

Just a final reminder that the date of the Turners' Company's prestigious turning competitions - June 16th - is fast approaching and we are looking for your support. There are several super prizes of £1250 to be won with numerous smaller cash prizes and vouchers from the supporting trade. There are several levels to the Competitions to suit both the most experienced turners and those who are relative beginners. Special competitions are run for members of the Association of Woodturners of Great Britain, the Society of Ornamental Turners and the Association of Pole-Lathe Turners. The location is in the historic Apothecaries' Hall near Blackfriars Station in Central London. Full details and entry forms are available on the website www.turnersco.com

To make it easier we have now extended the closing date for entries to June 11th and the entry forms may be posted or emailed to clerk@turnersco.com.

There are now designated drop-off points to take the work to Central London and bring it back if you so wish. These drop-off points are:- 

Nick Edwards -North Bedfodshire  01234 709592

Rob Lucas - Beaconsfield  01494 6715988

Ray Key - Evesham  01386 830142

Richard Hoodless - Kingston-on-Thames  0208 3301338

Mike Windsor - North London  0208 8883688

Katie Abbott - Dunmow  01371 872705

Please note also that the office address of the Clerk of the Worshipful Company of Turners is now :- Skinners Hall, 8 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2SP

telephone 0207236 3605. All mail will be re-directed to this address

If you need further help please contact either the Clerk or the undersigned>

Best regards
Nick Edwards

Tel 01234 709592

Edited By Dave Atkinson on 28/05/2010 09:28:49

Edited By Dave Atkinson on 28/05/2010 09:29:14

Ralph Harvey05/06/2010 19:25:30
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
I had beeen hoping to enter this one Dave,

Sadly an extended break from the shed has scuppered my chances of getting anything done in time, but good luck to anyone who dose enter let us see the entries please.

Ralph
Dave Atkinson06/06/2010 16:58:15
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi Ralph

Hope you;re back in the shed again.  I have also run out of time.  If there are any pictures of the event I'll post a link here.

Cheers Dave 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Triton
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact