wood turning club event with Andrew hall

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
dennis wake06/05/2010 22:57:31
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi All
    i have just joined the teaside woodturning club. and just in time as well as the next demmo night is on the 19th and it is by Andrew hall the hat man. they are saying he is going to turn a greek carinthian helmet. for those that like me dident know what this was here is a link >hats . i am looking forward to it here isa link to his sit>here. has any one seen Andrew demonstrat befor.
dennis
steve h07/05/2010 12:39:45
403 forum posts
128 photos
Hi Dennis,

I am not a turner but was fortunate enough to see Andrew turning his hats at the Harrogate Wood Working show.

Absolutely facinating to watch and you can virtually see the wood shrink as it dries out after he has turned a hat.

I was introduced to him by a very kind gent, (i forget his name now), who I spent the entire day with (went alone), who I must thank  him again for introducing me to a whole host of extremely talented people. (household names to most of you guys I bet?)

Maybe sometime in the future I will have a go at turning.
Alan T.09/05/2010 17:14:52
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Hi Dennis.  Some people have all the luck. Good on you.   Cheers   Alan T.
Mark Sutton11/05/2010 18:42:19
193 forum posts
59 photos
Hi Dennis

Lucky you, i had heard of the gentleman, i hope you enjoy the demonstration
dennis wake01/06/2010 18:50:04
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi ALL
    the demmo from Andrew was well worth going to he prodused a greek helmet and stand . he also added 2 lots of wood for the lucky winner to have a go there self and one of the prizes went no other than our site member SAD SAM. i met up with him at the club and will hopfuly se the outcome of his hat on this site. well done for winning Sam ( i was only one out but hey).
dennis
Sparky02/06/2010 17:06:42
7631 forum posts
22 photos
That's great news all went well Dennis, its also nice to hear of another member winning something........some of the prizes given out from here go to others that we never get to see or hear of again.........

Perhaps your time will come next time

Thanks for sharing mate.

Marc
Sam02/06/2010 22:28:13
386 forum posts
110 photos
You lucky person you . I had heard of him mentioned at Yandles . Apparently he made a stetson at the show . He turned it one day , paper thin and put a rubber band around it . . The next day the rubber band had pulled the 2 sides up to give the cowboy look .  
Make the most of it buddy as I am he will have some great techniques to pick up 

Sam
dennis wake02/06/2010 23:53:18
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi all
 i have atempted the hat my self but posted it on a nother posting.
dennis

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact