386 forum posts
Right I have a few questions here , Answer them honestly and see if you agree with me .
Why is it that ....
1) No matter how much room you have in your workshop , you always want/need more .
2) What ever wood you have in stock , you never have enough or the size needed
3) No matter how much you sharpen your chisel , you will always find a buried staple
4) no matter what tools you have you still try and convince the financial director you need one more to do the job she wants done .
5) when you just get the layout in your workshop right , you buy a new power tool and you go and arrange it all over again .
6) no matter how many power points you have , it's never enough .
7) the super speedy setting glue you bought , is never quick enough .
8) When finishing of a intricate turning the chisel always bites and trashes the piece
9) No matter how well you plan the cutting list you always waste loads .
10) you can never find a tape measure even though you own 3 .
11) you always have plenty of 5 amp fuses but no spare 13 amp fuses
12) You always forget to mark where you put the biscuit joints and cut right through them .
13) that you dont have a kettle in the workshop LOL
Hope this puts a smile on your face , and add some if know of any .
Kind regards Sam
1048 forum posts
Thank goodness! and I thought it was only me who did things like that. LOL.
|dennis wake||29/04/2010 22:23:23|
2044 forum posts
all i can say is yes to all and probably more.
another one for me is what ever amount of time you put the tools down 3 sec later you canot find them.
and no matter how ment pencils you have you canot find them.
|Big Al||30/04/2010 05:08:42|
|1599 forum posts|
Only 3 tape measures! I own quite a few more than that and I can never find one, lol.
Yes it did put a smile on my face, mainly because I now know that its not just me.
553 forum posts
Item 10) I have about a doz and can never find one.
Item11) I always keep a 6" nail for this very reason
Item 2) Good reason for a wood burner in the shop.
Item 1) This week ends work; a good sort out
|Kevin Nairn 2||30/04/2010 14:02:13|
|2 forum posts|
In a workshop or office, you can never have enough flat surfaces to put things on!
Never enough clamps!
Never finish clearing away/tidying up!
Never have enough scres/nails of the size you want!
|7631 forum posts|
LOL. Nice one Sam..
I bet there are plenty more to add to the list.
|Ron Davis||30/04/2010 20:44:09|
1618 forum posts
I am with Dennis, how a tool can dissapear and reappear the other side of the work shop is a mystery to me
And when your mates turn up the place is in a mess, well more than usual
|jay 1||30/04/2010 21:05:21|
72 forum posts
do you ever notice no mater how many clamps you have you never have enough of the right size Oh and i beleave in the tape fairy i must have 10 tapes and can never find one when i need one
|steve h||01/05/2010 07:59:02|
403 forum posts
I like item 4 Sam - I think the FD (SWMBO) is now extremely weary of my constant - "I could really do with that-----------"
My other headache is pencils, by the end of each evening I could have 5 or 6 pencils out and none of them turn up, until I start clearing up!
|Alan T.||02/05/2010 09:26:46|
|1033 forum posts|
|It's called Sod's law. Alan T.|
38 forum posts
I am suprised
If I can't find anything (by that I mean 'all things') - it's always the same reaction because I know WHY it is. Reaction?
NOW! what the hells she done with that? ***_+_*****--****/"+/
1635 forum posts
I always know where everything is.................It's where I put it, but can I remember where I put it? Of course not!
|sad sam||18/06/2010 17:54:51|
597 forum posts
one you missed is glasses i go to the pound shop for them because i have them all over the place by the time ive found them ive forgot what i wanted them for
Please login to post a reply.
Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!
We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!