Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Practical Woodworking

Practical Woodworking

The next PW Special Edition Bookazine (Apr/May 2010) is out on 1st April

Sparky07/04/2010 19:45:19
7631 forum posts
22 photos
What a refreshing mag this issue is...summer must be coming!!.

Its got great plans with easy to follow instructions..........even the wife has picked out a few projects for me to do!

I thought the folding furniture a brillaint idea and for the size of my garden it would fit and fold away perfectly. 

The potting table is something I''ve been meening to do for some time and Alan Holtham has given me some great ideas.

Its going to be a busy few months ahead I think.

Well done to Neil Mead & all

Marc 

Oddjob08/04/2010 16:48:18
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Marc

Thanks for the headsup - I think!

I went out and bought it this morning.  I haven't had a chance to even open the cover yet but The Head of The Household has.  Result - I'm booked for loads of jobs I haven't even a clue about yet!

The mag cost me a fiver but I suspect the wood is going to cost a hundred and five!  Looks like the summer wet days are accounted for.

I'll get my own back on you one day!

Richard
Sparky08/04/2010 17:09:47
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Oh Richard........I'm so sorry mate

At least you can take heart while your loved one moans about the humid weather at night while your be so knackered your fall asleep with no problems!

Enjoy the read

Marc
Gwilym6830/04/2010 10:04:30
14 forum posts
36 photos
Hi All

Can anyone tell me who actually stocks practical woodworking, looked in many stores but cant get my hands on a copy.

Many Thanks

Richard 
Oddjob30/04/2010 10:45:00
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Hi another Richard

I got mine from the local newsagent but I've also seen it in WH Smith and the Co-op.

Richard
Sam30/04/2010 12:37:49
386 forum posts
110 photos
I got mine last week from a local newsagent . If you are willing to buy it regular then most newsagent will order it for you . 

Marc , I did like the potting table too . I have some Indian Sandstone left from the patio and it measures up at 600 x 900 , about an inch thick . I think this will be my project from it , but the wife likes the hammock stand . Lots of good ideas . 

Sam 
Mailee30/04/2010 15:14:53
1048 forum posts
1235 photos
Damn! I could have had one of my hot tub gazebos in there if I had known.  Mind you I had better not let her indoors see it. LOL.
Euan19/05/2010 00:40:53
43 forum posts
I got this magazine from wh smith.There doesnt seem to be as many shops keeping woodworking magazines now.I did see the woodworker in tescos a few years ago but have never seen it again in there.Dont know why they dont have wood mags as they seem to have everything else!
Sparky19/05/2010 03:13:28
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Euan

I only have one shop within a 5 mile radius and my area has over 32,000 residents!

It may be time to subscribe mate, you get it delivered straight to your door so you needn't go out searching for shop......works out a lot cheaper too.

Marc

Edited By sparky on 19/05/2010 03:19:02

Euan19/05/2010 16:58:22
43 forum posts
Yes i am a a subscriber to good wood but not the woodworker.It works out cheaper to subscribe but there are certain issues that have had no interest to me.I remember last year one magazine did a test on hardpoint saws.Is this the sort of thing we want to see?More projects,less adverts i think.Sometimes i wonder why i subscribe as some months the mags can be  quite poor!One good thing though is this site.
Big Al19/05/2010 18:33:50
1599 forum posts
73 photos
Hi Euan

For the reason's that you outline, that is the main reason that I no longer subscribe to any wood working magazine. In the past I have subscribed to the woodworker, good woodworking and furniture and cabinet making.

Once a month I pop into WH smiths and browse the magazines. So far this year I have purchased 3, the practical woodworking garden projects, and 2 fine woodworking. I prefer it this way as I only buy a magazine that has some relevance to me.

Al 
Euan20/05/2010 09:05:39
43 forum posts
Hi Al
I bought the practical wood garden projects some good ideas in there.How many times have you bought a magazine to find that the same old tool catalogue is in it.It must be costing them a fortune!Had a clear out last week and chucked out 5 of them.
regards   Euan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact