By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

extraction system

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Dow23/09/2008 16:22:00
25 forum posts

hi roger b

i get the general idea i hve a nose in the local d.i.y shop.cheers.

all the best,richa.

Delete23/09/2008 20:04:00
575 forum posts

Its a pity my Daughter is not working in Copenhagen any more SHe could have helped you get some bits from the UK. About 6 months ago she transfered to Head Office in Washington USA.

Roger

Richard Dow27/09/2008 22:48:00
25 forum posts

hi roger the big apple is certainly a lot busier than copenhagen is she happy with the switch.i had a look at that screw fix catalogue thay just about sell every thing.

I have my hands full this weekend wife is working and so im running around after my two boys,at 3 and 2 thay can get up to all sorts,and i hate to just sit them in front off the box,I did manage to paint  the last coat to the cieling and then i need to add coveing wooden ,something small.cant quite remember what thats is called in english,ill prepaint it and pin it up with my nail gun.

i am a bit off a horder and about 7 years ago i bought a mirror picture of a watermill,i plan to frame it an lead in the jionts with lead srtip bought in b&Q 4 yrs ago, at last my little idea will see the light.it should look nice when finished.

so you can tell im doing a little here and there ,i need to attach my sawdust collection unit too my thicknesser jionter  i have a 4" hose but the plastic flu that came with the sander does not seem to be effective or ive got it in the wrong place.im a sheet metal worker so i have the expierience to make some thing that will work.but i dont have a lot off woodworking experience and the picture brochure is off a different machine so it,s a bit off try and see at the moment.

nice to chat hope thats ok here.all the best richard.

Delete28/09/2008 00:24:00
575 forum posts

Hi Richard

What type of Extractor do you have? Also what Planer do you have?   If it has a 42 hose it should be capable of clearing the chippings from the machine. Although on my machine some of the chippings do escape below the cutter especially when I am Surface planing as opposed to thicknessing,

If you have a photo of your set up send it to this email address roger.ball@boltblue.com and I will have a look and see if I can help.

Regards

Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact