By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

disabled woodworkers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
andrew murray 130/11/2019 18:15:30
1 forum posts

Hi, I am recovering from a bad accident where I lost 4 fingers on my right hand. I am on the search for some less labour intensive projects to get me back into the game. I came across a site called ted's woodworking, if you have used it or have any knowledge of it some feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.

Edited By Derek Lane on 01/12/2019 09:06:24

Derek Lane01/12/2019 09:08:02
3215 forum posts
1002 photos

Do not use that site many of the plans can be found for free on the internet also some are incomplete

Ron Davis01/12/2019 19:50:01
1613 forum posts
201 photos

Andrew, you do not have a profile, so we do not have an idea of where you are. If you are in Suffolk PM me and perhaps we can help.

Ron

Marie Stokes18/12/2019 14:52:27
2 forum posts

Bless you, dont segregate yourself, we would all like to see your work able bodied or not

Drake Frosts28/01/2020 16:43:03
4 forum posts
Posted by Brian Ducker on 14/10/2019 17:49:39:

Hi all.

New the forum.

Two stokes in Jan. 2015.

Only use of the right side of my body.

I managed Small projects until I was confident.

Until just recently my projects even showing on my YouTube channel was ok, but I feel now as I get better just putting adaptions to use tools safely and show other disabled people that's what's possible.

And as Ralph woodworking doesn't need to be focus on disabled people.

I've made large items (fish tank stands, cabinets etc.) and fully abled people are inspired.

It may take longer, more use of what challenge you, I.e. clamp wood or marking up one handed...there's always a way.

Apart from the Therapy I get its all about enjoying and learning.

Looking farward to showing what I've been up to in the workshop.

Thank you for allowing me to reply.

ATB

Bri

Wow, well done! Many people with disabilities are afraid to even try, they think that they will not succeed. The main thing is faith in yourself and a desire to do something. My friend was injured and for a long time was not confident in himself, did not want to move on. But seeing an example of people like you, he overcame it. Have a nice day!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact