By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

disabled woodworkers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ged Meager21/08/2008 22:56:00
222 forum posts

I'm a partially disabled woodworker having suffered a major stroke at the tender age of 51. Think warmer climes wood help my recovery furthe I moved to spain in05 I would love to communicate with any fellow disabled woodies asI'm all alone in Spain Aahhh poor ged its only 35in the shade and no rain for last 6 months Is there anybody out there I love all types of woodworking and turning. So come on guys and gals I'd love a chat

GED MEAGER

Ralph Harvey22/08/2008 00:02:00
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles

Ged

Firstly welcome to the site,

Why are you limiting yourself to other disabled woodworkers ?, We are all like minded woodworkers, and it will not matter to anyone here if you are disabled or not.

Show us some of your work and see at first hand how welcoming the site is to everyone.

Ralph

Woodworker22/08/2008 01:06:00
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi Ged and welcome. I'd love to see some of your work too. Ben
Sparky22/08/2008 04:12:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Ged

I agree with Ralph. I'm disabled and find that it doesnt matter what you are here. All woodworking is the same in the way we chat on here.......

Post your work in your gallery and I bet, no one will know what you are.

Marc

Ged Meager22/08/2008 14:02:00
222 forum posts

Thankyou for your otes I will do my best although am a complete novice when it comes to computers very hit and miss ouch my bloody thumb. How do  I upload pics I do have a digital camra and know that first I have to take the pics Then what.

GED

Mike Garnham22/08/2008 14:41:00
4114 forum posts
1 photos

Ged,

here is a link to the relevant instructions. It really is easy once you have the pictures to the right size.

Mike 

Olly Parry-Jones23/08/2008 21:36:00
2776 forum posts
636 photos

In the new issue of Good Wood, a woodworker who only has the use of one arm (Derek Bright? Apologies, I can't remember his name!) has written in to show that he has just BUILT his own lathe!

There was very interesting look at his workshop in the magazine maybe two-years ago...? He had some great ideas and clearly doesn't know defeat! Definitely worth a look if you have access to it. 

Ged Meager21/08/2008 22:56:00
222 forum posts

I'm a partially disabled woodworker having suffered a major stroke at the tender age of 51. Think warmer climes wood help my recovery furthe I moved to spain in05 I would love to communicate with any fellow disabled woodies asI'm all alone in Spain Aahhh poor ged its only 35in the shade and no rain for last 6 months Is there anybody out there I love all types of woodworking and turning. So come on guys and gals I'd love a chat

GED MEAGER

Ralph Harvey22/08/2008 00:02:00
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles

Ged

Firstly welcome to the site,

Why are you limiting yourself to other disabled woodworkers ?, We are all like minded woodworkers, and it will not matter to anyone here if you are disabled or not.

Show us some of your work and see at first hand how welcoming the site is to everyone.

Ralph

Woodworker22/08/2008 01:06:00
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi Ged and welcome. I'd love to see some of your work too. Ben
Sparky22/08/2008 04:12:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos

Hi Ged

I agree with Ralph. I'm disabled and find that it doesnt matter what you are here. All woodworking is the same in the way we chat on here.......

Post your work in your gallery and I bet, no one will know what you are.

Marc

Ged Meager22/08/2008 14:02:00
222 forum posts

Thankyou for your otes I will do my best although am a complete novice when it comes to computers very hit and miss ouch my bloody thumb. How do  I upload pics I do have a digital camra and know that first I have to take the pics Then what.

GED

Mike Garnham22/08/2008 14:41:00
4114 forum posts
1 photos

Ged,

here is a link to the relevant instructions. It really is easy once you have the pictures to the right size.

Mike 

Olly Parry-Jones23/08/2008 21:36:00
2776 forum posts
636 photos

In the new issue of Good Wood, a woodworker who only has the use of one arm (Derek Bright? Apologies, I can't remember his name!) has written in to show that he has just BUILT his own lathe!

There was very interesting look at his workshop in the magazine maybe two-years ago...? He had some great ideas and clearly doesn't know defeat! Definitely worth a look if you have access to it. 

Brian Ducker14/10/2019 17:49:39
6 forum posts
6 photos

Hi all.

New the forum.

Two stokes in Jan. 2015.

Only use of the right side of my body.

I managed Small projects until I was confident.

Until just recently my projects even showing on my YouTube channel was ok, but I feel now as I get better just putting adaptions to use tools safely and show other disabled people that's what's possible.

And as Ralph woodworking doesn't need to be focus on disabled people.

I've made large items (fish tank stands, cabinets etc.) and fully abled people are inspired.

It may take longer, more use of what challenge you, I.e. clamp wood or marking up one handed...there's always a way.

Apart from the Therapy I get its all about enjoying and learning.

Looking farward to showing what I've been up to in the workshop.

Thank you for allowing me to reply.

ATB

Bri

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact