By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

It is off topic, but......

Would you eat ten grands worth of Euro's

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Davis27/02/2010 15:58:37
1619 forum posts
201 photos
Any thing upset you lately? See the news about the Ryanair passenger who ate his winning ticket because they did not carry en grads worth of Euro's on board!

How do you react when things do not go the way you want?

Ron
Oddjob27/02/2010 18:00:04
1635 forum posts
79 photos
I reckon it's perfectly ok to go off topic Ron.  That's what "Bench Banter" is for isn't it?  Off topic subjects can result in good interesting "banter."  Craique, (pronounces crack) I think it's called in Ireland.

No, I didn't see the news item you mentioned - it sounds a bit far-fetched to me.  I'll have a go at finding it on the BBC website.  It wouldn't upset me anyway - the only person the idiot has hurt is himself.

As to what I do when things don't go my way - I simply swear to myself and move on.  You can't win 'em all can you?

Richard

Tommy mc glynn 127/02/2010 18:07:13
291 forum posts
1 photos
oddjob it is crack over here in ireland.  Talking about things up setting hope we did not up set yous to much by winng the ruby COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN
Oddjob27/02/2010 18:09:00
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Yep, it's there on the BBC site so it must be true  Look here if you haven't seen it yet.

I have say that I'm still a but dubious about it.  It sounds like a "Sun" story to me.

Richard
George Arnold27/02/2010 18:56:38
1834 forum posts
191 photos
It was on a Ryanair flight, I bet he went through the motions of a winner for the next couple of days!

George

Sam27/02/2010 20:13:02
386 forum posts
110 photos
one word  .....muppet .  How can anyone expect people to carry a winning like that , or do they and the cabin crew were splitting equally LOL .Personally I would be more concerned about how much longer the flight would be and getting a taxi to the prize office .  Was he sectioned !!

Got to laugh , I have about £40 quids worth of scratch cards in my van dash , building them up !! buy I have probably spent £200 to get it .
Sparky27/02/2010 21:39:48
7631 forum posts
22 photos
I had to laugh at this one too..................

A German farmer lost 10,000 Euros when it was eaten by his goat.

But he got it back after having a vet carry out emergency surgery to recover the cash.

Martin Radlberger, 34, from Rosenheim in Germany left the 100 Euro notes that he planned to use to buy a tractor on the kitchen table when he went to answer the phone.

But when he returned he saw his nanny goat Steffi just finishing off the last crisp new note.

He said: "I know I shouldn't have left the cash on the table, but I was only gone for five minutes to answer a phone call. When I returned I saw how my goat had the last note in her mouth."

------------------------------------------------------------------
Marc
Ralph Harvey27/02/2010 22:03:33
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Well i think they are all prety dumb,

Mind you i bought a lottery scratch  card last week and won a fiver, then threw the card away with some rubbish in the car.  so that makes me a bit foolish as well i suppose.

Ralph
Big Al28/02/2010 07:55:15
1604 forum posts
73 photos
What a plonker, I would not expect cabin staff to have 10,000 euros on the plane waiting for someone to win, and then to eat the ticket, well how stupid. 

Al 
Oddjob28/02/2010 09:18:59
1635 forum posts
79 photos
I've never eaten a scratchcard, never had my goat or any other animal eat one, never lost one and never bought one!

Richard

Sparky28/02/2010 12:40:46
7631 forum posts
22 photos
I heard a rumour that there will be lottery type numbers printed in the magazines and you check against them on here every month, prizes range from a carpenters pencil to a fully fitted out workshop!!

Then I woke up!
Ron Davis28/02/2010 14:57:49
1619 forum posts
201 photos
Sparky, it must be tiring doinmg 7003 posts, I am surprised you have time go to the shed

Ron
Sparky28/02/2010 19:06:57
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Delete28/02/2010 22:46:34
575 forum posts
I saw this one as well I thought the guy was being a little rash.

Unless his name is Blane or Davenport. There are a few "Magicians" who could eat the evidence and then produce it a while later. Quite an easy trick that one. I used to do something similar with Cigarette papers as a kid. I could even turn the ciggi papers into an Egg.

Mind you I wouldnt buy a Scratch card on a plane just in case we didnt arive. That would be a terrible waste of money wouldnt it.

Rog

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact