By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

sedgewick planer thicknesser maintenance

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jason Turk26/02/2010 22:28:50
15 forum posts
I have recently inherited an old sedgewick pt. I am wondering if anybody knows where I could find information on its maintenance. It seems to work well apart from the infeed "grabbing" roller which doesn't seem to be doing its job and the wood needs to be force fed, not a good idea I know. I would like some info regarding this point especially. Thought I would be very unmanly and try to find instructions before I take it apart and play with it! It seems very good quality and simply designed, a sedgewick advantage I believe, so hopefully I'll be up and running really soon. Surprisingly couldn't really find much on their website.

Sparky26/02/2010 22:49:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Jason

Try their web site where you can contact them for advise.

Other contact information..........

M. Sedgwick & Co. Limited, Stanningley Field Close, Leeds, LS13 4QG, United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0) 113 257 0637

Facsimile: +44 (0) 113 239 3412

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck

Marc
Alan T.27/02/2010 08:49:08
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Yet again Sparky comes up with the solution to some one's problem. Just awesome dedication. Long may it continue.  Alan T.
P.S. Has anyone else noticed how quiet Dennis has been since as the turning comp date approaches?That's ominous for the rest of us I reckon. Cheers.

Edited By Alan T. on 27/02/2010 08:54:15

Sparky27/02/2010 09:29:23
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Why thank you Alan

I think Dennis is keeping quiet just in case someone asks him what he's made.........he wants it all to be a surprise

Marc
dennis wake27/02/2010 20:11:49
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi All
  it is a combination of a few things. yes a comp entry in the making sorry made and allso alot of shift work.thouse of you that are going to the show will realise which is mine and that is all i am going to say but good look to all that enter.wish i was going to the show but unable to get ther.i will post the photos of my entry near to the date.
dennis 
Delete28/02/2010 22:56:19
575 forum posts
I dont know the Sedgwick machine, but these things are mechanically quite simple. If the roller is not turning it could be either a chain or cog. I am shure Sedgwick will be a help.
Jason Turk03/03/2010 19:41:24
15 forum posts
Thanks Marc, got in touch with sedgewick and they are sending me an instruction manual. It sounds like I have to adjust the springs to tension the "grabbing" roller, reasonably simple. Thanks once again. Jason.
Sparky03/03/2010 20:07:23
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Great news Jason
Hope to see your projects in your albums very soon

Marc
Jason Turk08/03/2010 12:09:04
15 forum posts
I have the sedgewick pt singing like a bird!
After adjusting the fluted and smooth rollers down 2mm from the cutting circle as per instructions, the timber was still needing a "helping hand" to travel through the machine, my last option was to clean and wax the table. Wow what a difference! Sometimes the simple solutions are the best. Would never believe that removing the tables natural friction would make such a difference, I barely made it to the other end before my timber appeared! I'd recommend cleaning and polishing to all pt users. (just don't tell her in doors)  Thanks for the help Marc. Now where did I put that camera?
Sparky08/03/2010 18:42:46
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Jason
Sounds like  you need a catch net at the other end now mate!

Glad its working to your satisfaction...........I also hope you find that camera

Marc

Edited By sparky on 08/03/2010 18:43:15

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact