By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Dust Extractor

Help with ducting

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sam21/02/2010 20:32:37
386 forum posts
110 photos
Hi all , I know this subject has been beaten to death but I just need to clarify some thing !!

I have just bought a dust extractor from good old Yandles , it is a WoodStar . The type that is a drum and sits on the floor . Any way , it extracts 56 litres a minute ( I think ) and has a .5 micron filter and is a dust not a chip extractor . 

It comes with 2 metres of 100mm pipe . Apparently it's limit is about 3.5m of ducting .

Now this is my dilema . I have a planned route of 5metres , but I was going to use a duct size of 50mm With various Tee's on route that can be capped .And only 2 shallow bends on route .  

So If the limit is 3.5metres in 100 metre , would 50mm work at 5 metres . It is only for dust from various machines as the router table has it's own device .

Sorry for repeating the topic but I got so baffled with all the info on the other postings . 

Kind regards   Sam
Delete22/02/2010 09:12:06
575 forum posts
Sam

In a word I would say no. If it is designed to pull air through 100 mm then run a 100 mm system. The cheapest way is to use plastic Soil pipes.
If you place the Suction unit in the middle of the run and have 2 runs one to the right and one to the left. Fit a blast gate between each run you then will be within the limits of the machine.

II would always reccomend getting the most powerful unit you can. I got mine from a Gent in North Devon Second hand. It has been fantastic.

Rog
Sam22/02/2010 21:52:25
386 forum posts
110 photos
Cheers Roger .  The perfect answer .  I hadnt thought about splitting the system !  I do have surplus a nice selection of 110 soil pipe and fittings .  Will have a play over the next week and keep you all posted as to the answer .  Once again cheers mate .

Kind Regards  Sam 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact