By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Getting Turning To the Competition

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ralph Harvey03/02/2010 22:27:35
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
I like many others will be sending work to the turning competition, and like many others do not relish making the trip to London and back twice.

Is anyone going anyware near Wiltshire on either of the first couple of days of the show ? if so can i ask you to take my work up to the show, it will all be securly packed,

I will be attending the last day so i can bring my work back, of course if i can do a similar service to anyone else living near enough, on the return journey i will be happy to help.

If possible there might be others who can do a similar service to help others ?

Ralph
Delete04/02/2010 13:44:47
575 forum posts
Ralph

That is a great idea. I wish I could help. However I will not be going anywhere near to Ally Pally, as I hate the place.

Move the show to NEC.

Rog
Ron Davis04/02/2010 19:47:30
1619 forum posts
201 photos
I am going on Saturday, from Bury St Edmunds. with a car full! We could take an entry in, I have already decided to leave my entries for the charity auction, see Clare Hisscotts thread

Ron
Delete04/02/2010 21:57:38
575 forum posts
As a matter of interest what is the Charity being supported. If one has not yet been designated may I suggest the Royal Air Forces Association. They never get enough funding and do so much for ex servicemen who need help especially in later life. They operate sheltered accomodation and Nursing Homes, amongst many other things.
Whilst I am a great supporter of Help the Heroes they get a lot of funding I understand since they were set up they have received £1 m a month that is an increddible ammount.

Just my thought on the matter

Roger
Sparky04/02/2010 22:35:39
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Roger

Sadly there are to many charities that need our (UK people) money and a lot that doesn't get any help from the government.

Clare was thinking of donating the money to Haiti..

Marc

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact