By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

When you subscribe...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tommy mc glynn 103/02/2010 21:17:36
291 forum posts
1 photos
hi all
 I am going to subscribe to goodworking tomorrow. can any one tell me if you have to subscribe to the two mags ie the woodworker and goodwooding. as I i still want to keep getting the woodworker from my newsagent. As she all ways gives me a wink lol. Plus then do you get to use the getwoodworking subscribers parts ?
Doug03/02/2010 21:38:37
3415 forum posts
35 photos
Tommy,

You only get the digital back issues of the magazine you subscribe to, though i think you can access all other subscriber stuff.

Sparky will tell you if it`s any different.

Cheers

Baz  
Tommy mc glynn 103/02/2010 21:48:49
291 forum posts
1 photos
Thanks baz that would be fine have all the back issues in my lofft i can handlil .
Sparky03/02/2010 22:17:43
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Tommy
If you subscribe to The Woodworker, you will only be able to view the Woodworker's back issues and not both but, you will be able to view ALL subscribers extras.

You will also get huge discount by subscribing to the other magazine mate, don't forget, the issues from the newsagents cost £3.30 (Get woodworking) but, if you subscribe, you can get 3 issues for (if memory serves me right) £7.50 every 3 months (Direct debit) PLUS you can get Practical Woodworking for free!! saving around £2.40 with the free magazine.

If you phone them up, don't forget to ask about the offers.

Subscriptions: New, Renewals & Enquiries.
Tel: 08456 777 807

Marc

Baz,
Thanks mate
Tommy mc glynn 103/02/2010 22:30:20
291 forum posts
1 photos
Thanks marc
 I know what your saying but dont want to take all my costom frommy newsagent as they are very good in getting my goodworkingand the woodworker for me.  it is only far to givethem some tread if you under stant what I am saying.
Sparky03/02/2010 22:35:22
7631 forum posts
22 photos
I totally understand mate.

You could still keep them happy by getting your subscription delivered to the shop and you pick it up..........then your still get your wink  

Marc
Julian04/02/2010 13:10:45
556 forum posts
28 photos
Don't you get an offer on the woodworker if you subscribe to Goodwood at the moment ?
As Marc says get the shop to handle the delivery.

Julian

Tommy mc glynn 104/02/2010 13:17:16
291 forum posts
1 photos
Well i am just of the phone to my hobbystore. I cant subscribe they don't take my card.
 I will have write a letter and a check to them. that mines i have ring my bank don't cheek cos they don't use checkbooks any longer . Only cred card that i don't use .
Delete04/02/2010 13:36:54
575 forum posts
Tommy

Sounds like it might be an idea to subscribe to a different bank while subcribing to the Magazine.

The feindish financial organisations are getting too ready to cut costs services and anything else they can at the expense of customer service. They should just remember without customers they are nothing.

Rant over.

Rog
Delete04/02/2010 13:41:11
575 forum posts
As a matter of interest. about 18 months ago I went bankrupt so noe I dont have a cheque book or credit cards. That I find is absolutly great.
I do have a pre paid Master card. It does cost about £5 each month but if I want to pay for something with it I draw my pension at the post office and put the cash I need to on the card. I can then use the card when the funds have cleared. That takes often only 24 hours, but can sometimes take up to 5 days. It works well for me.

Rog
Tommy mc glynn 104/02/2010 14:44:45
291 forum posts
1 photos
that works some thing like my laser car here. i like it cos you only spend the mony you have . don,t like spendind money i don,t have
Sparky04/02/2010 18:40:11
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Tommy

If you use direct debit, you should be able to get a better discount.......if memory serves me right, its about 30% off........... £7.50 is taken out of your bank every 3 months.........no worries about your card then

Marc
Tommy mc glynn 109/02/2010 17:36:30
291 forum posts
1 photos
hi marc
 try useing direct dedit today and guss what they don't  take over seas direct dedit . I think
 just may give up . not wort it.
Sparky09/02/2010 17:41:33
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Tommy

I would talk to your bank and ask them to sort it out.

I've had similar problems in the past and got the bank to earn its money working for me for a change........it did work too......strangely!

Cant hurt to try mate.

Good luck

Marc 
Tommy mc glynn 109/02/2010 18:21:48
291 forum posts
1 photos
the bank is not at faut this time . my hobbystor is making it to hard for over seas .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact