By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Good Woodworking Index

Electronic Index

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Pope12/01/2010 16:49:10
5 forum posts
2 photos
Could we have an electronic index to Good Woodworking on the site please?
With an index it adds so much value to our stored copies.  If I want to look up some project I might be considering, e.g., 'building casement window frames', I do not really want to have to look thro' 5 years of mags to see if you have covered it.  I believe the last issue of the index in GWW mag. was in June 2005; that covered up to issue 157, (Feb. 2005)?

Regards

Dave

Sparky12/01/2010 18:45:01
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi David

I think it was printed in one of the issues but so far I haven't found it to give you the issue.

I do know the The Woodworker gave the 2009 index in issue January 2010 (volume 114, number 1)  page 93-96 with what was in each of the back issues for 2009 on page 92.

I'll keep looking.

Marc
David Pope12/01/2010 20:04:09
5 forum posts
2 photos
Hi Marc,

Many thanks for the response; but as I stated the GWW (Good Woodworking) index stopped, I believe in 2005.  The point I was trying to make was that electronic indexes would, (hopefully), allow the use of searches, saving bucket loads of time and make the magazines more useful.
I would have thought that when you create a magazine one would need to know where articles are located to create the contents list that is near the beginning of the magazine.  As they are all produced on computers I guessed it would be relatively easy for the magazine maker to link those items to a database to create the index.  But not being in that game, maybe I am talking a load of old rubbish!

Regards

Dave
Sparky12/01/2010 21:22:40
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi David

Yes mate, I understand, I was saying, for now, try looking in the digital back issues where there were some pages that gave the list of both articles and index.

This was brought up last year some time but, as you know, its still on the 'to do' list.

I will ask the powers to be and hope something can get started in due course.

Marc
Barrybarry Warneke21/03/2012 11:26:27
1 forum posts

Hi Marc,

A downloadable index would be a great help to me.

I look after the club's library, trying to find articles they read "a year or two ago" can be difficult.

Best Regards Barry

Newbie_Neil21/03/2012 17:39:54
43 forum posts

Yes, an electronic index would be excellent. The amount of time I have wasted going through old copies of GWW is unbelievable. sad

<rant over>

Thanks,

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact