By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Shark brand flush cutting saw

Can you gat a new blade?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Davis11/01/2010 19:50:42
1614 forum posts
201 photos
A year or two ago I bought a Shark Brand flush cutting saw, and loved it. Having used it for while, it has the cutting attributes of a wooden razor. B&Q, who sold it to me in the first place, no longer stock them, so I thought well there are other brands. I went round the local DIY Sheds and a local tool supplier, and eventually ended up in Screwfix. I bought an Iwin brand saw and guess what, it is a Shark saw with Irwin's name on it, I now have a blade with a spare handle.

Not being wasteful, I ground the teeth off the original blade and, using the burr straight from the grinder, I found I had the best cabinet scraper i have owned.

I would still like spare blade though, Screwfix do not stock them.

Ron
Andy King11/01/2010 22:11:52
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
hi Ron,

I'd give Rutlands a try - they stock the Shark Brand saws, so maybe they have the spare blades as well. The saws show on the website, but not the spares, but worth a call I would have thought?
 http://www.rutlands.co.uk/ Tel: 01629 815518 
hope this helps,

cheers,
Andy
Ron Davis12/01/2010 16:19:36
1614 forum posts
201 photos
Thanks Andy, I will give them a try

Ron
Sparky12/01/2010 19:04:05
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Ron

Andy is right Rutlands do sell them as that is where I bought my saw and replacement blades from.

You are right  in regards to Irvin having the same 'type' of saw and blade.

The blades do fit the Shark saw but, if you want the extra fine blade (Shark Super Fine Cut Saw 10 5/8", 17 tpi) go with Rutlands, Irvin don't make the blade so fine.

Marc
Ron Davis12/01/2010 19:37:35
1614 forum posts
201 photos
Thanks Sparky

Ron
Sparky12/01/2010 22:01:11
7631 forum posts
22 photos
No problems mate.

I did order the 18"  carpentry saw from them some time back, they sent only the blade, when I phone to get the right order, they told me to keep the blade and they will send a complete saw instead of just a handle........I have had excellent service from them on other tools I've bought too.

Marc

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tormek
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact