By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

panel saws

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

A guide to buying second hand kit

A guide to buying second hand kit

There's some real bargains out there; Here's some sound advice on investing in secondhand machinery

woodwoodjohn05/01/2010 23:35:01
4 forum posts
i am thinking of buying a panel saw have looked  at the record 315 model which is1850 pounds,but  you can get higher spec,secondhand machines any ideas on what is a good secondhand buy
Delete06/01/2010 11:47:15
575 forum posts
Look at the Scheppach range. I bought the small one and found it very good
Andrew Goodfield06/01/2010 16:39:53
24 forum posts
89 photos
I uesd to own a Scheppach 4000- single phase 12" panel saw. This was a good powerful saw that was very accurate. It did not have a cast table top which made it seem a bit "tinny". I think newer models of the same machine now have a cast table top.
After a few years I upgraded to a saw/spindle combination by Hammer which is a smaller brother of Felder. Again an excellent, powerful and accurate machine which I would thoroughly recommend, It is much more solid than the Scheppach  with an excellent slidding table but it does need  a jockey wheel/ handle to move in around the workshop - this is available as an extra- £90.00p, from memory.
If you look on the Felder web site they normally have second hand machines available at thier Milton Keynes showroom.
Good luck in your search- Andy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Craft Supplies
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Triton
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact