By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

panel saws

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

A guide to buying second hand kit

A guide to buying second hand kit

There's some real bargains out there; Here's some sound advice on investing in secondhand machinery

woodwoodjohn05/01/2010 23:35:01
4 forum posts
i am thinking of buying a panel saw have looked  at the record 315 model which is1850 pounds,but  you can get higher spec,secondhand machines any ideas on what is a good secondhand buy
Delete06/01/2010 11:47:15
575 forum posts
Look at the Scheppach range. I bought the small one and found it very good
Andrew Goodfield06/01/2010 16:39:53
24 forum posts
89 photos
I uesd to own a Scheppach 4000- single phase 12" panel saw. This was a good powerful saw that was very accurate. It did not have a cast table top which made it seem a bit "tinny". I think newer models of the same machine now have a cast table top.
After a few years I upgraded to a saw/spindle combination by Hammer which is a smaller brother of Felder. Again an excellent, powerful and accurate machine which I would thoroughly recommend, It is much more solid than the Scheppach  with an excellent slidding table but it does need  a jockey wheel/ handle to move in around the workshop - this is available as an extra- £90.00p, from memory.
If you look on the Felder web site they normally have second hand machines available at thier Milton Keynes showroom.
Good luck in your search- Andy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact