By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

My first craft show

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eric Harvey 106/12/2009 14:50:02
221 forum posts
81 photos
Hi all,

Well I`ve given in at last to the pressure and booked myself a table to do a craftfare at the Conault hall in Attleborough,on the 13th of Dec this month.Hope I haven`t bitten off more than I can chew,it starts around 11am  roughly,so will have five hours or so of sitting wondering what I`ve done and people picking items up sucking through their teeth and putting them down again.If I`m lucky I hope to make more than the table costs and sell a few bits (running out of space for it all ha ha) ,So if anyones in the area and fancies a chat and a cup of my horrible flask coffee,feel free to pop in,sorry if my spellings are a bit off.Oh they tell me theres direction signs from the A11,if that helps,regards,

Eric
Derek Lane06/12/2009 17:02:37
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
A little far to go to pop in but I hope you have a good day. Take some photo's of the table when you set up would like to see. And as I said all the best
Ralph Harvey06/12/2009 19:57:13
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Good luck indeed Eric

Hope you dont mind but heres a tip or 2,

Turn plenty of fruit and offer a deal on a set with a bowl often bumps up sales,

Small tactile items like mice and lightpulls sell well

Take something to work on even if its only sanding a bowl or waxing work it gets people interested in what you are doing, then they are at your table where you want them ? and

Make some simple shelves to show off your work well better than all on one level pleasing to look at

Hope all goes well

Ralph

Edited By Ralph Harvey on 06/12/2009 19:57:42

Sparky06/12/2009 23:25:22
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Eric

You have my very best wishes for the day. I hope everything sells like hot cakes.

I would like to know the cost of a table at one of these shows.........if you don't want to print it here, PM me

Ralph

That's excellent advise. Something I feel many would appreciate. Cheers

Marc
Derek Lane07/12/2009 14:55:56
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
My wife does craft fairs and the price for tables or pitches can vary from show to show. For example a pitch of 30' x 30' cost between £50 up to £600 for a two day event, I know a table will be a lot less but it will give a idea of the price range
Ron Davis07/12/2009 16:45:08
1619 forum posts
201 photos
Good luck with that Eric, my last was a disaster, mainly due to a total lack of advertising by the organisers. This was a firm from Watton, not a million miles from Attleborough!

A 6foot table space was £15 rining to £20 next year.

Ask the organisers how much advertising they have done and where the ads appeared, the organisers of my show only used free advertising

They said they were relying on word of mouth, well amassage has gone out, maybe not the one they were hoping for!

As I say Eric best of luck et us know how you got on

Ron
Dave Atkinson07/12/2009 19:29:34
672 forum posts
115 photos
Good luck Eric

Our club attended one yesterday and it went pretty well - we all sold some stuff.

Ralph's advice is great.

Cheers Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact