By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Ollie's Blog

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Oddjob15/11/2009 09:30:22
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Ollie
I've just spotted the link to your blog in a recent post - is it the first time you have told us about it?

I've had a brief look in there and have to say that it is quite brilliant!  Well done - I shall be going back from time to time to delve further and to keep track of your activities.

I have seen your posts on the "other side" but was not aware that you previously had a blog running there - I'll have to see if I can find that.  I don't spend much time over there - I find it far less friendly than this one and don't like the gratuitous use of bad language they allow - though it is now sometimes vaguely disguised.

Richard  
Olly Parry-Jones15/11/2009 10:37:46
2776 forum posts
636 photos
Thank you, Richard!

I wasn't sure how or whether it was right to 'advertise' on this site so, recently, I've started adding the link to the end of some of my posts (unfortunately, this forum doesn't have the 'signature' option that many others do). I haven't made an 'official announcement' or anything! This one was created back in August but, I didn't make the move over from my old one until October, I think.

One of the reasons for the move was that WordPress offers so much more than a simple blog hosted at UKW. Also, I would have felt awkward directing people from this site over to another forum... At least, this way, anyone can view it (to be fair though, most of my traffic comes from over there...). It's also easier sometimes to post something in one place for all to see, instead of having to copy it in to two or three. That doesn't mean to suggest that I'll be limiting my activity on this forum, though!!

For anyone who hasn't already seen it then, here is the link (hope the mods don't mind!). I tried to keep it updated as regularly as I can, which is really the best way to create traffic and keep people coming back. I've also been trying to convince Ben to start one of his own, as a continuation of his Notes from a Small Workshop series, which has just finished in Good Woodworking!

Thanks again, Richard. There is a link to my old blog down the right-hand side of my old page but, as their site appears to be down at the minute, you probably won't be able to access it until it's back up. There's probably not a lot in that one that you haven't seen already; it may just touch on some areas in a little more detail.

I hope that you guys enjoy and, please, do keep reading!

Olly.
Joe O 315/11/2009 18:37:05
203 forum posts
Hi Olly,
Congratulations on a fine blog.
Joe.
Sparky15/11/2009 20:15:09
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Olly

I've seen and liked your blog and personally cant see anything wrong in having it there.
If it is wrong, you can place the link in the 'More about me' section of your 'Profile'.........the only problem is that its only seen when someone clicks on your name on the posts.........I have a ticker counting the baby due days which, will be totally wrong by Monday night!

If in doubt, ask Ben.

Marc

Edited By sparky on 15/11/2009 20:18:08

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact