By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Bentley Wood Fair

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jon Warrender07/07/2008 11:25:00
24 forum posts

Hi All

At Meantime we are looking at this show near Lewes/Brighton for September 12-14th.

Can anyone let me know if they have been to this and general feelings etc.

Much appreciated

All the best

Jon

Meantime

Johnf14/08/2008 21:11:00
23 forum posts
4 photos

Hi Jon

we go to the bently woodfair every year it is a very nice country show with plenty to see and do

Not strictly a woodworking show more a country crafts , mobile bandsaws , the odd steam driven saw ,woodcarving . a very nice walk though the woods with lots of woodland activities going on.

also included is entry to the motor museum, the country house and the wildfowl area lots of ducks and geese ect.

you should not be disappointed.

regards John

Mike Garnham15/08/2008 07:54:00
4114 forum posts
1 photos
It wouldn't come as a great shock if you two were on the organising committee......
Doug15/08/2008 08:04:00
3415 forum posts
35 photos

Looks suspiciously like that Mike, especially as neither have anything in their public profile & it`s the first post for both.

Oh well at least it`s 2 more to the members total

Baz

Mike Garnham15/08/2008 08:46:00
4114 forum posts
1 photos

You never know, Baz, but Jon and John may stay and become regulars, filling in their profiles, and showing us their work........and would be most welcome if they did. I suspect, however, that once the 12th of September goes, so will they!

Mike 

Jon Warrender15/08/2008 11:38:00
24 forum posts

Dear Mike and Baz

If you look at our website www.meantimedesign.com and also the AWGB website you will discover that we are a pro-active company in the woodturning / woodworking scene.

To that end i will let you draw your own conclusions

Sorry to butt in on your exclusive club, i was only looking for a bit of info!

Johnf16/08/2008 06:49:00
23 forum posts
4 photos

hi mike  baz

no I dont have have anything to do with the show

I just live localy and it a nice day out even my wife enjoyes it

John

derek willis16/08/2008 09:15:00
2314 forum posts
1 articles

I love to watch these steam tractor driven saws in action, they are so stupendously large, and to watch the man on the crank winding a trunk through a12 foot diameter blade is somthing else.

Derek. 

Jon Warrender16/08/2008 09:16:00
24 forum posts

Hi John

Thanks for your info, please come and say hello if you go this time.

Don`t know about you, but i was a bit gobsmacked with the derisory, suspicious comments made previously, not a very nice welcome for first timers was it!

Any way i shall continue to keep an eye on the forum (even after the Bently show!) and hope that it can be used for the best. I am a regular contributor on the Association of Woodturners of Great Britain (AWGB)forum ( try to help and point people in the right direction for supplies etc) and also as a company sponsor Competitions/Events etc.

All Best Regards

Jon Warrender

Meantime Design Ltd

Jon Warrender16/08/2008 11:02:00
24 forum posts
Dear Mike and Baz If you look at our website www.meantimedesign.com and also the AWGB website you will discover that we are a pro-active company in the woodturning / woodworking scene. To that end i will let you draw your own conclusions. Sorry to butt in on your exclusive club, i was only looking for a bit of info!
Mike Garnham16/08/2008 11:16:00
4114 forum posts
1 photos

Jon,

Mike Garnham wrote (see)

...... Jon and John may stay and become regulars, filling in their profiles, and showing us their work........and would be most welcome if they did.

Far from an exclusive club, and you are most welcome.....as I said.

We are trying hard to spread the net and have more regulars, so please join in. I'm sorry if I sounded cynical, but the one thing that niggles on here are people using the forum as an advertising opportunity.........as you aren't doing that, we look forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers

Mike 

derek willis16/08/2008 11:20:00
2314 forum posts
1 articles

Jon,

I am sure you will be welcome to be a regular poster on what you call "our site", I find it more interesting to visit you in person, but usually with my egg decorating wife Shirley, you have a most interesting shop.

Derek. 

Jon Warrender16/08/2008 11:45:00
24 forum posts

Hi Mike

Thanks for your new message , and apology accepted . I have in fact been on and updated my info/profile as suggested so thanks for prompting me to do that. Its difficult trying to use these types of forums sometimes, with running an associated business and i am aware that some may think its advertising etc. So i`m carefull now in what threads i join in, but if i can help anyone then i will.

Its a double edged sword sometimes, we sponsor a monthly turning competition for the AWGB Forum and so our name is prominent on the website there, which is great. Some may view that as advertising, but if we didn`t try and support the industry/craft with this type of thing, I know that interest would decline so we help out where we can to try and put something back.

Thanks for coming back to me

Kind Regards

Jon

Jon Warrender16/08/2008 11:48:00
24 forum posts

Yes Indeed Derek

Hope you and Shirley are well

I recognised your photo, i havent put mine on yet (dont want to scare anyone!)

Take Care and See You Soon

Jon

Oddjob16/08/2008 12:20:00
1635 forum posts
79 photos

Hi Jon

I appreciate your efforts to avoid advertising on the forum.  Some might consider that publishing your Meantime Design web address might be advertising but at least it gives me the opportunity to find a professional to whom I may address a query I raised on the forum some time ago.

Why can't we find good quality accessories for our woodworking/woodturning projects?

We can take expensive pieces of wood and spend many hours working them into beautiful items only to find that the available accessories, hinges, clock inserts, barometer works etc. are all cheap and nasty.  What is the point of producing a beautiful piece of woodwork which with design and labour added value might have a value of, say £100 only to spoil it with cheap fake brass accessories that totally destroy the value of the wood and workmanship?

Commercial producers of clocks, boxes, barometers etc. can obtain appropriately high quality accessories.  Where can amateurs find such products?

Richard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact