By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

wood burning stoves.....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Simon Forrest23/10/2009 20:36:31
16 forum posts
29 photos
Hi again folks...........I recently fitted a multi fuel stove at home and I am happily burning all my offcuts and, I bought one of those paper briquette makers which works surprisingly well, however, Iv been experimenting with trying to find a way of making logs out of my thicnesser chippings but so far with no success, they just will not bind together! anyone got any experience of this or any ideas?
Alan T.23/10/2009 20:48:09
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Hi Simon,
                  Try wallpaper paste.   Alan  T.
Simon Forrest23/10/2009 20:51:14
16 forum posts
29 photos
Tried that Alan....nothing doing!
Ged Meager23/10/2009 22:14:03
222 forum posts
Try diluted PVA
ged
Andy Bell26/10/2009 16:06:58
156 forum posts
43 photos
Steady on the addatives, you'll be burning potentially toxic chemicals on your own doorstep.
I think commercially they make pellets just with compression. The cells break down, releasing "juice" to bind it.  You'll need a heck of a lot of presure though, start thinking hydraulics.
If its to get rid of your waste it might be worth it, but to keep you warm over the winter, big off cutts and well seasoned logs are the cheapest and easiest.

Andy 
Delete26/10/2009 17:52:09
575 forum posts
The best use for the shavings is as Kitty Litter. Its daft when you think we pay a lot of money for a Planer Thicknesser and what do we make with it Kitty Litter.
Great if you have House Cats. or know someone who does. They will love you for ever.

Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Tormek
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact