By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Get Woodworking Live meet-up

Would you be interested in meeting other GW members?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Woodworker24/09/2009 19:21:37
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
With organisation for the Get Woodworking Live exhibition next March well underway we have been wondering whether members of this website would like some kind of meet-up arranged for the show. Possibly in a Members Only area.

It's very much at the ideas stage at the moment so we would value your feedback. Is this something that would interest you?

Please use this thread to register your interest and share any ideas you might have.

Thanks,
Ben 
Ron Davis24/09/2009 19:24:46
1614 forum posts
201 photos
Ben you beat me to it, would it be possible to have a stand, there was loads of space last year. Perhaps we could persuade members to show some of their work, and have volunteers to man it throughout the weekend, an hour or so, we will still need to grab a bargainn or a demo

Ron
Ralph Harvey24/09/2009 19:52:04
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Ben

This sounds like a great idea i would like to meet up with other members,

Ron

It sounds good to have members work displayed, i would only be a little concerned that some of the work is very delicate it would have to be see not touch ? a shame as wood is so tactile ? but yes some work would be good there are a lot of pieces i would like to see close up.

Ralph
Sparky24/09/2009 20:17:45
7631 forum posts
22 photos
I too was thinking about this the other day when answering the shows thread.

I think it would be a great addition to the day.

Perhaps a seated are or would that be to hard to acquire a few hundred seats?

I would love to see others works on display but, I think it would be to 'turned' oriented (Please no offence to our turners). Its a lot easier for the 'smaller' items than large chests, sideboards and other projects that have been shown on here.............can you really see Ben bringing his bathroom cabinet along with the partners say so?!?!?
Just my views anyway

Would be great to see all the magazine staff there though..........could they have a stall too?

Be watching with interest.

Marc
Woodworker24/09/2009 20:25:20
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Thanks for your feedback guys. The more interest we can generate here the better. It will give the organisers a feel for how many people are interested.
Ron Davis24/09/2009 20:25:43
1614 forum posts
201 photos
Sparky, you are too modest! It was your carvings I have in mind, I am ssure many of us would love to see them close up. DaveRoberts had a stand last year and I was able to handle some of his work. Although I guess it would be at our risk if we did show any thing

Ron
jay 124/09/2009 20:49:44
72 forum posts
6 photos
where is it  held i might book cheap  flight never at one of the shows any bargains to be had

Tommy mc glynn 124/09/2009 20:55:10
291 forum posts
1 photos
this would be a great idea . i am thinking of taking my hols from work to go over the show . but wont know till after xmass if i can go. be nice to meet  and thank all who as help me from the time i join the sight. but will marc have his mask on or of for the weekend
dennis wake24/09/2009 21:29:56
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
sounds like a good idea but some of us are on tight budgets and may not be able to travel down to the show. how about trying to do the same at the other end of the contry say at the harrogate show. then we northeners may have a better chance of getting ther.
dennis 
sad sam05/10/2009 17:44:43
597 forum posts
234 photos
hi ben
sounds a good idea but like dennis im a yorkshire man retired and on a budget
so the one for me would have to be harrogate but good luck to all who go and have a
raelly good weekend
sadsam
Clare Hiscock29/10/2009 08:54:53
69 forum posts
10 photos
Those of you who are attending Harrogate Show in November- MyHobbyStore will have a trade stand there if you want to use it as a meeting point. Andy King will be manning the stand on Friday and Saturday.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Clare
sad sam31/10/2009 09:03:27
597 forum posts
234 photos
hi good morning
sounds a good idea see you all there
sadsam
dennis wake31/10/2009 21:34:20
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi All
     i will be at the harrogate show on the saturday as long as every thing is ok. hope to see some of you there. will go to the meeting point.
dennis
steve h06/11/2009 21:36:24
403 forum posts
128 photos
Hi Dennis, I have just made a new posting about the lack of advertisement in respect of the Harrogate show, but I wanted to go on Sunday to see if I could drive a bargain or two at the end of the show, It is a shame that the stand will only be covered for two days, I bet that is not the case for the southern shows!
Andy King06/11/2009 22:46:13
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Hi Steve,

The show will have the stand attended on all three days, but unfortunately I have a prior engagement on the sunday that I can't get out of, otherwise I would have been there for the whole show.
Apart from our own show at Ally Pally, this is the first one we've done with a demonstration stand (me!) that i'm aware of, but we are looking to be more pro active in that area up and down the country in the next year, so you may all be sick of the sight of me after a few shows!
We are looking into the exhibition circuit to see what ones are viable for us to do, so hopefully we can be out and about saying hello to everyone once we have a list of what we can fit in around our own schedules and deadlines.

Hope this helps,
Andy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tormek
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact