By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Lurem combination machine

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Farnell14/09/2009 12:50:03
18 forum posts
18 photos
Does anyone own one of these machines?  I have the opportunity to buy one that is about 20 years old, in reasonable working order.  I think its the Lurem combi maxi 260 or some very similar model. Can you still get spares?  If so, where from.  Does anyone know how easy it is to dismantle into manageable bits for transport, because its in a workshop in a very inaccessible place - lots of steps and garden slopes etc.
tony la monica08/11/2009 21:25:15
1 forum posts
i have just found one with this gay and i am thinking of buying it but it doesn't have a sliding table.it is a c260.i also would like to know if you can still get parts.

Peter Farnell12/11/2009 22:48:26
18 forum posts
18 photos
Tony,
I bought it.  It is indeed a C260 with two motors and all cast iron tables. Everything works and its all very solid especially the fences and adjustments.  Metabo tell me that they keep spares but I haven't tried them yet.  

We had great fun moving it, but it's now in the workshop and reassembled and serviced.

Home made dust/chip extraction now fitted up for the saw, planer and thicknesser - very effective. If you need/want to exchange ideas feel free. I'd be happy to share my designs for extraction, for example. 
Martin Aberdeen30/12/2009 09:20:16
2 forum posts

Hi Peter & All

I have a Lurem 260c and a Sedgwick bench saw to sell ,it was left in my garage when I bought the house. They are fairly old but but look like they have many years of life left and all the parts assemble together well. Please can you give me an indication of what you paid for your Lurem 260 machine as I wish to sell mine but need to understand its value, also where did you manage to get spares for it?

Many thanks and have a great New Year.
Sparky30/12/2009 13:11:58
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Martin and welcome to this site's forum

Please be sure to place your post in the 'Classifieds' section when you have all your details you need to sell the item.

Also, please read through the 'Guidelines' so you keep safe when selling goods on line.

Cheers
Marc
Martin Aberdeen31/12/2009 08:01:53
2 forum posts

Hi Marc

Many thanks for your note once I have as much detail about the machines as possible I will put them in the ads section.

Have a good NY

Martin
Sparky31/12/2009 18:58:21
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Martin
No problems mate, good luck and have a fantastic New Year too.

Marc
dan powers26/04/2018 05:39:58
2 forum posts

I just bought one also with a bad motor looking for one Tried to get one here just sold semi valley, was that you peter?, I love the machine mine has aluminum top I also have a robland x31 love

Derek Lane26/04/2018 11:25:46
3157 forum posts
958 photos
Posted by dan powers on 26/04/2018 05:39:58:

I just bought one also with a bad motor looking for one Tried to get one here just sold semi valley, was that you peter?, I love the machine mine has aluminum top I also have a robland x31 love

Dan you may find that you may not get a reply as this thread is 9 years old.

dan powers26/04/2018 13:58:18
2 forum posts

...lol

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Chris Tribe Furniture
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact