All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

COMING UP in Good Woodworking magazine:

COMING UP in Good Woodworking magazine:

The New Stanley Premium Plane range

Finn25/08/2009 16:02:47
3 forum posts
I would be interested to know what experence other fourm users have had with this company - the reason I ask is having ordered a pen turning kit over 6 weeks ago it has still failed to materialise - depite many phone calls & promises. I have now been advised it will be a further 2 to 4 weeks but even that is not definite! As it was the first time I have used the company - I wonder is this normal?

PS - Any recommendation on a good kit (preferably in stock)
Derek Lane25/08/2009 16:16:02
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Finn

The only time I used them the goods I ordered were with me within a week. As for pen turning I got a kit from >>here< have used it to make a few pens now and find it great to get on with. Service is good too
Doug25/08/2009 20:05:58
3415 forum posts
35 photos
Hi Finn & welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with Rutlands, though it doesn`t surprise me.

I only use them now as a last resort, as in the past i have been wholely unimpressed with their after sales service, which in my view is non-existant.

The best of luck to you in your further dealings with them.

Baz
Cristoff25/08/2009 21:29:46
76 forum posts
21 photos
I have also had problems with late dispatch of goods i waited for over six weeks for them to send all the items i ordered on a dust extractor kit
very annoying they just seem to be a law to themselves, which is a pity as they offer a good range of items but i would look elsewhere next time

Sparky25/08/2009 21:36:02
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Finn and welcome to this site's forum

I too am sorry to hear of your problems.

I've had nothing but excellent service from the firm and when my vise broke, they sent a brand new one for replacement all free of charge.

I hope you get things sorted very soon.

Marc
Big Al26/08/2009 05:22:41
1599 forum posts
73 photos
I haven't used them for a long time, only because they always charge postage and usually I can find either the same product or similar for less else where.

Of the few times that I used them I never experienced any problems with ordering and receiving, however I bought an oscillating bobbin sander from them, and on their website the specs for the machine stated that it came with a 1/2" and 3/4" spindle and sleeve. It only came with a 3/4" bobbin and when I queried it they replied stating that the spindle was 1/2". When I complained again the reply that I got was, quite abrupt. It did put me off using them for a while, although now if they had something that I wanted (highly unlikely as I have probably got everything that I want), and nobody else stocked it then I would use them.

The main reason that I don't use them, as I previously stated is down to postage costs.

Al 
Face03/09/2009 20:42:11
8 forum posts

I was on the point of buying 4 Dakota clamps from them and a new set of chisels, I've used them before and they were pretty quick with the despatch but this thread has made me re-think a little bit.

Finn - Hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your stuff.

Paul
Woodie04/09/2009 20:03:54
103 forum posts
12 photos
Finn

Try Stiles & Bates.  I have used them in the past and found them very good, quick turn round and helpful on the end of the 'phone if you get stuck.
John
Finn08/09/2009 15:46:20
3 forum posts
Thank you for all your replys.

After a bit of research I took Derek's advice & ordered from Turners Toolbox last Friday afternoon at 3.30  - Penkit delivered before 9.00 the next day. What wonderful service! Will definitely be using them again.

Pity the same can't be said of Rutlands - Still waiting for my money to be credited after another 2 weeks of very hollow promises.
Will post again when Rutlands finally get their act together - just don't hold your breath

Finn
Derek Lane08/09/2009 16:43:58
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Glad you are sorted at least you can get on with some pen turning.
Delete19/09/2009 22:53:46
575 forum posts
Tell Rutlands you are going to charge them interest if the refund is not made within the next 48 hours. It is my understanding that you have the right to do so.
Finn28/09/2009 22:58:15
3 forum posts
Finally got the refund-nearly 3months after placing the order.

Needless to say won't be using them agian!

Never mind there are are many other suppliers who do value their customers including Turner's Toolbox thanks Derek.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact