By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

More dolls hose pic's

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Jane01/07/2009 13:10:46
13 forum posts
 Made for 30 year old daughter, first attempt after forty years, now I'm retired I have to do somehing.
The run of kitchen unit bottom right was made using MDF & spindles, based on a bought table.
Flooring 2nd up bottom right is made from well known coffee shop stirrers on thin card backing fixed with double sided tape, flooring in room across the hall was 'bought' Daughter prefers mine.
 Coving is scotia from B&Q, skirting is another moulding from same.
John

Alan T.01/07/2009 13:55:54
1033 forum posts
98 photos
Hello John,
                    Welcome to the forum.  The phrase that comes to mind is 'Oh what a beauty'
 Whoever recieves this will pleased as Punch. Is it the usual 1/12th scale? Look forward to seeing more of your work.    Cheers   Alan  T.
John Jane01/07/2009 15:28:54
13 forum posts
I'll post more pics later. I cheated with this one and bought a pre-cut kit

The exterior was painted before assembly, just wish I had a digi camera when I started.

Never knew these  sites existed until I retired, I am sure I could have asked lots of Q's.

I trained as a Royal Navy Electrical Engineer, but sometimes wished I'd stuck with wood, it doesn't bite so much when you touch it. My Mum still has a bookcase I made when I was 14 it's now 47 yrs old, nearly an antique.

John

John
Derek Lane01/07/2009 17:27:35
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Welcome to the site John

You are not alone in making dolls houses I have also made 1 or 2 and am in the process of finishing one for the family
Sparky02/07/2009 19:28:51
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi John
I welcome you to this site's forum and hope you will continue to post both comments and images in the future. It doesn't matter how old or what profession you were in, its about the love of wood and what you can do with it.

Hope you browse the galleries and you may find other projects to inspire you.

Marc

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact