By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Problems with getting Triton

Just got a work centre but can't get accesories

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Daniel Ascough08/06/2009 15:35:02
4 forum posts
Hi Everyone, I've just picked up a Triton Work centre 2000 on the strength of Ady Kings review in Good Woodworking earlier this year.
Problem is now I have it I can't find ANYWHERE that has any of the accesories for it. I can't even get the dustbag to aid dust collection!
Can anyone help?????
Daniel

Edited By sparky on 08/06/2009 16:11:40

Daniel Ascough08/06/2009 15:37:23
4 forum posts
Sorry Andy Kings

Edited By sparky on 08/06/2009 16:12:11

Sparky08/06/2009 16:06:46
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Daniel
Welcome to this site's forum
Try this site >> here <<
Also these companies
Marc

Edited By sparky on 09/06/2009 17:05:26

Olly Parry-Jones09/06/2009 09:05:25
2776 forum posts
636 photos
Sorry, Marc, I think that after all this time on the forum, you've finally lost it....His name looks like Daniel to me? I think you need to get back out to the workshop, ASAP!!
Sparky09/06/2009 17:05:49
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Marc
Andy King18/06/2009 09:35:31
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Hi Daniel,

Sorry for not responding earlier, i've only just picked this thread up.
Anyway, the timing couldn't have been worse for Triton!
I visited Silverline back in October/November time (iirc) after they had taken on the Uk rights to sell Triton.
As we hadn't looked at Triton for a good few years it was the reasoning behind a revisit as it was certainly a good product back then, so worth a look to see how it fared in today's market.
I was also shown a load of new product by the guy from GMC (the parent company) who had flown in from Australia so it all seemed good.
Unfortunately, the week after we printed our feature, GMC went into receivership in Australia, which meant that Silverline had limited stocks and also limited, if any, spares available.
As far as i'm aware, the problem is still not resolved in Australia as they aren't allowing Triton to be sold as a seperate entity, it has to taken on as part of GMC, whih is the stumbling block. (not 100% sure on this, it seems to be the situation as I understand it)
Triton is still a very viable product, so it would be very foolish not to sell it on, so hopefully it will return to the market as they have some very inovative ideas and the products are very good.
The advice given earlier for spares is about the best bet at the moment i'm afraid. If I hear any news on Triton, i'll post it up here.
hope this clarifies a few things.

cheers,
Andy
Pete E19/06/2009 23:14:53
1 forum posts

I have one never used it if your interested
Daniel Ascough20/06/2009 19:17:38
4 forum posts
Thanks for all your help guys. It's much appreciated. I'm still happy with the Triton as a purchase it'd just be nice to be able to get the add-ons when funding is available :o<div><br /></div><div>Thanks again.</div><div><br /></div><div>Daniel</div>
Keith McCarthy30/06/2009 09:17:47
13 forum posts
A word from Australia.  We're devastated by what has happened. but the rumour is that Bosch might purchase the rights to make Triton tools.  I'm sure someone will as they are well respected around the world.   Keith McCarthy
Sparky30/06/2009 12:48:38
7631 forum posts
22 photos
That would add 20% on the prices if its true.........

Keith, fill in your profile mate............

Marc
Ian Waters30/07/2009 13:03:36
25 forum posts

There is some information on this page here about Triton.  Spare parts/accessories may be available again soon hopefully.

Sparky30/07/2009 15:03:40
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Thanks for the link Ian.

There are many who still have Triton tools and are always grateful to learn of this.

Cheers
Marc
Ian Waters31/07/2009 09:48:27
25 forum posts

Daniel,

Further to my last post.  I have a found a shop called Hunter Tools.  They seem to have some stock of spares and accessories.  They even had a WCA400 which I have been looking for ages for (must be the last one anywhere!).  There is no on-line  ordering but given them a call and they will arrange delivery etc.  They are based in Surrey if you're local to there.

Or if you are after a dust bag, my local B & Q (Milton Keynes) have three left on clearance at £28.50.  If you are near there you could pop in, otherwise, if you want send me a message we can arrange so that I can get you one and post it on.

Ian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact