By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What magazines do you read.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Delete27/04/2008 11:11:00
575 forum posts

OJ

Jou have to enter to be in with a chance of winning. So I very seldom enter and guess what I am not disapointed, I dont win.

I edit a small motorcycle club magazine a few years ago when we had over 100 members I was able to blag prizex from various companies. However now we only have about 20 members I dont have the cheek to ask. When I did offer prizes I often didn't have a problem with a winner as the enteries were in single figures. In my book a prety poor show.

When people pass a comment that so and so is not what it was etc. you can often trace that coment back to the change of Editor or editorial police dictated from on high!!.

I agree Plans and Projects is a very good publication. The plans are in my view for inspiration rather than pure production. However a great help. Only trouble is I will have to get a new filing cabinet I am geting so many.

Olly Parry-Jones27/04/2008 11:33:00
2776 forum posts
636 photos

I've won a few things from Good Wood myself in the last three-years; most recently a Veritas bevel-up smoothing plane for my Tip of the Month and then a £25 voucher to spend on more Veritas stuff.

I did win a cheap nailgun from Tacwise, which I never use. After entering a monthly draw to win more stuff from their website, immediately after winning the gun, I won another £1,000-worth of Tacwise gear (most nails). It's all stacked up in the garage somewhere...

I did win a £25 (?) discount voucher for the Joint-Genie after finishing as a runner-up in that competition. They were offering the same discount on their website at the anyway, but I still went ahead and purchased one. Although, in all honesty, I still haven't tried it out yet.

If you don't enter, you don't win! That's what I say.

derek willis01/05/2008 19:40:00
2314 forum posts
1 articles

Oliver, you're right about that!

Derek. 

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact