By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Good Woodworking 213

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Oddjob01/04/2009 19:50:14
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Got my copy today - a bit late I think.

I thought I'd just have a look at the Ed's intro and contents page whilst having my dinner and then go out to plant some seeds.  (I'm allowed to read at the table because MGL has left me to fend for myself - only for the day - I think.)

The intro refers to Marc's workshop on p14.  I'll just have a quick look at that I says to myself (no-one else to talk to) and then do the seeds.  It's an exellent article by Jonathan Bentman (unfortunate name isn't it?).  We've seen bits of your shop before Marc but now that all is revealed it is clear that you are a genius to do what you do in there!

I was then just getting up to plant the seeds as I read the last few words, by the picture of the chest (that I also made thanks to Marc) "to see how Marc built the Egyptian Dresser turn to p36 it says.  Ah well, sod the seeds, tomorrow will do.

Lo and behold, another super article - this time by the man himself.  Yes, we've seen this before here on the website but it's so much better in the mag.  Thanks Marc,  I don't need to read the rest of the mag, I've had my money's worth!

Richard
Sparky01/04/2009 20:52:24
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Richard

You are too kind my friend. I'm honoured that you liked what you read.........

Jonathan did, what I would call, a great job if it were about someone else, but, it was me and I was blushing quite a bit at his kind words.......(thanks have been sent......with the payment )
Thanks also went to our Ben who took the pictures for the write up.......(payment in post )

I too received the magazine today and still need to read it from cover to cover but, My eldest came to the house to announce I'm going to be a granddad!

so as you can imagine, its been a cracking day!!

Thanks again mate.
Marc
Woodworker01/04/2009 21:55:43
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Congrats on the Granddad status Marc! That's great news!!

Glad you liked Jon's write up too.  
Derek Lane01/04/2009 22:01:43
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Congratulations Sparky. Have a

Lots of toys to make now. Cot might be first on the list
Oddjob01/04/2009 22:02:35
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Congratulations Grandad.  You have done well.  Will it be your first?  I've got five!  I suppose you'll be looking for plans for wooden toys now?  There are plenty around.

Richard
Sparky01/04/2009 22:23:16
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Thanks a lot guys.........

Its going to be our first (unless our other daughter has kept quiet!)..........

I have had all my plans open and looking for things to do for the next few years!!

Still in shock really even though she has been planning it.
Wow, what a day!!

Thanks again lads, appreciated very much
Marc

Edited By sparky on 01/04/2009 22:26:58

George Arnold01/04/2009 22:28:53
1834 forum posts
191 photos
 Sparky (grandad)
I go along with every thing  that has been said , you have had a brilliant week, the grand child is the icing on the cake, As Richard says toys look like a future project, hope all goes well for  you and your family
Best wishes George
Tommy mc glynn 101/04/2009 22:32:36
291 forum posts
1 photos
 good news sparky. let us all know if you need any plans for cot plan pens.
Sparky01/04/2009 22:38:56
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Thank you George, that's very kind of you my friend & Thomas, thank you too. I might keep you in mind .

Thankyou all again.........

Granddad...........that's going to take a lot of getting used too!!

Marc

Ralph Harvey01/04/2009 22:47:07
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Congrats Marc on both the mag and the Grandad bit, it grows on you easy enough,

I have 2 and  its a great feeling when you get to hold the little ones ! and see them grow.

Havnt got the mag yet not being on a subsription for that one yet, but i will as soon as its on the shelf at Smiths. Look forward to reading it.

Ralph
Sparky01/04/2009 22:52:29
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Thanks Ralph
The nice thing about grandchildren is that you can hand them back!.........but dont tell the wife I said that

Looking forward to a different future now its set its course.

Thanks again and see you soon
Doug01/04/2009 22:58:10
3415 forum posts
35 photos
Just like to add my congratulations poppa Sparky. I hope everything goes well for your daughter & look forward to your wooden toys album. Also well done on the magazine articles. It's great to hear some good news for a change. Baz.
Joe O 301/04/2009 23:06:51
203 forum posts
Marc, CONGRATULATIONS! I am looking fordward to reading issue 213 especially your articles (by and about you) . All the best!
Joe
Sparky01/04/2009 23:14:34
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hi Baz
Thanks mate...........I think I should start to clear some of the images out of the albums........its a bit embarrassing looking at 432 photos under my avatar  and I will need more space soon

Wife has told me not to make anything just yet..............spoil sport

Thanks again, see you soon

Hi Joe
Thank you too my friend. I hope you like the read.
Cheers
Marc

Olly Parry-Jones02/04/2009 18:35:42
2776 forum posts
636 photos
Congratulations, Mr.Mod! I hope we're going to see more of your work in future issues as well. I haven't had a chance to read it properly yet but, my only disappointment is that we don't know what you look like... Be warned though, that camera will snap you one day; you can't hide for ever!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact