By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Getting committed

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Lane06/03/2009 21:06:09
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
After my sister saw the motor bike rocker she wanted a rocker to fit 2 toddlers Cars are the obvious choice. Any one any other ideas. I want to look into this before getting committed (I know I should be) to making one. Mind you I am still painting the bike so have a little time to decide and say yes to her
will spencer06/03/2009 21:35:30
21 forum posts
motor bike and side car?a la wallace and gromit?
Ralph Harvey06/03/2009 23:17:40
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Derek

What about a trike then you could allow for a third seat if the need arrises, of course you could just do a similar bike but with 2 seats like the old "king,Queen" style.?

Whatever you choose good luck, i am still trying to avoid making one myself, grand kids havnt seen yours yet.!

Ralph
Big Al07/03/2009 11:25:48
1599 forum posts
73 photos
A motor bike a side car sounds wonderful, and should be achievable using the design that you have already used, but combining a side car.

Al 
Derek Lane07/03/2009 18:09:25
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
The bike with a side car does sound nice but do I realy want to do another bike so soon after finishing this one. I know I said that making 1 or 2 is fine But I like to have a break inbetween projects that are the same But thanks for the input

Ralph

Go on show them you know you want to build one Zip It
Ralph Harvey07/03/2009 21:52:57
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Derek
The little mites have gone back home now so its safe to turn the  computer back on !, besides they are 3 and 5 so by the time i  finished it and they got to play with it they would be to old for it

well thats my excuse and i am sticking to it !

just another thought, why dont you build a rocking boat just for a change ? it would go well as a rocking toy, just dont make them sea sick

Ralph
David R Tanswell14/10/2009 17:45:49
1 forum posts
Hi Allre">

Have articles 1 & 2 of the Rocking Motorbike Project of June/July 2003, but am missing article 3 (August issue).  Any help obtaining this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dave.
George Arnold14/10/2009 19:19:04
1834 forum posts
191 photos
Derek
I go along with Ralphs boat, a nice racing style  should be easier than a motor bike, unless you fit an outboard motor.

Good luck
Ron Davis14/10/2009 20:09:31
1618 forum posts
201 photos
Or an aeroplane with stubby wings, a train, I hope the motor bike and sidecar goes better than the last one (of four) I had

Ron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact