By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Is it just me

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Derek Lane04/03/2009 20:36:00
3219 forum posts
1004 photos
Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot more people posting  pictures and starting threads if I am right it is nice to see
Sparky04/03/2009 21:30:22
7631 forum posts
22 photos
It certainly is happening Derek and it is very nice to see........hope they keep coming too.
Marc
Oddjob05/03/2009 09:51:36
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Yes, it's great have the newcomers and to see the increase in posts.  How though do we get back the members who defected during the re-hash of the site?  We lost some very good contributors.

Richard
Sparky05/03/2009 10:27:44
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Hopefully by spreading the word Richard........Mike, PJ, a name but few are still needed to get the family started again me thinks.

When the site is fully furnished, I think they will be back full time........
Marc
Mike Garnham05/03/2009 10:29:01
4114 forum posts
1 photos
I'd love to get involved again, but I currently have to type in my full email address and password every time I wish to visit. This is a chore, and I won't participate fully until someone sorts this issue.

Additionally, it still appears that commenting on gallery entries, which is the core of the site, isn't straight forward. I thought the whole point of the change of platform was so that the powers that be had direct control over the way the site worked...........so issues like these could be sorted promptly.

Hope all are OK, and I do look forward to joining in once more.

Mike

Sparky05/03/2009 10:34:58
7631 forum posts
22 photos
MIKE!!
Hiya matey

Mike, at the moment, I have to do the same but, if you have your details saved, IE; email address,passwords, on your browsers, (FireFox and IE7 do it) all you need to do is press the log on button.

If you need help how to do it, please ask.

Nice to know your still reading here
Marc
Mike Garnham05/03/2009 11:00:32
4114 forum posts
1 photos
Hi Marc,

I run Firefox at home, but one of the complications is that I have Norton anti virus and anti-phishing software. The anti-phishing does all your log-ons for you, in a safe encrypted manner.........and copes with every site I have ever come across that needs logging on.............except GW!

At work, IE is better for logging on........I only have to do it every day, and it remembers me for the rest of the session.

And what about the galleries........?

Mike

Sparky05/03/2009 11:11:07
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Mike
It shouldn't matter what anti virus or phishing software you have, your email addy and password should appear in the boxes and you just click the button. Even if the password doesnt appear, the email address should be remembered by the browser. On firefox, go to 'Tools', then to 'Security' then make sure 'Remember passwords for sites' is checked........

Regarding the galleries/albums

That has got a lot better, the owners details, details of the image and a place to comment are all working...........not sure if they are going to do anything else to it though.

Hope this helps in some way.
Marc
Mike Garnham05/03/2009 11:26:05
4114 forum posts
1 photos
I'll give that a try, Marc.....thanks.

I hear what you say about the galleries, but you don't appear to be able to click on a photo in a thread and get taken to the gallery?

Mike
Sparky05/03/2009 11:34:20
7631 forum posts
22 photos
I think that maybe something on the list to do Mike.........at least we can comment on them at last!
Marc
Oddjob05/03/2009 11:57:19
1635 forum posts
79 photos
Mike

Welcome back 

I don't understand the technicalities invilved but I feel sure that Marc does and can help you resolve your problems.  If not then surely someone at GW should be able to.

I use IE7 and have no problem.  I just click my link to the site and i'm in.  No username or password required at all -  the system remembers them.

Please persist, your contributions were always appreciated.

Don't go away again

Richard 
Sparky05/03/2009 13:08:15
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Just thinking on those lines Richard.

Mike, once you have signed in, copy the web address and book mark it. (I have it as my homepage and when I start the Internet, it opens straight to the home page on this site)

The reason I think, is that your using the old site's address when you come on.

I've just tried it myself and it works.
I think this is to do with the cookies (page list visited) and once rewritten, it clears the old ones.

Wont hurt by trying.
Hope it helps.
Marc
Mike Garnham05/03/2009 13:17:50
4114 forum posts
1 photos
Richard,

thanks for that........

The technical bods behind the site are now on the case. We'll see what comes of it. Having said all that, I won't be as active as before because I have got pretty well established on another forum whilst I've been waiting for this one to sort itself out.

Mike
Toothy05/03/2009 15:43:01
458 forum posts
67 photos
Mike
I join Marc & Richard. Welcome back
I have no problems in logging in and am using IE7. I NEVER store a password on the PC but my machine does keep the username/e-mail address.
I have an antivirus running full time, a phishing filter and anti spyware and none of them have affected signing on. Hope you get sorted out and join in again. I must admit that being a member of more than one forum does get very time consuming!! (and some times very confusing!!)
Toothy
dennis wake05/03/2009 22:57:50
2044 forum posts
1451 photos
1 articles
hi mike
 same from me mate welcome back. seen you on the tv the other day on the end of the toyota advert or were they the loosers of the down hill race.just wondering which one is the avater.
dennis.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact