By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Good Woodworking Issue 212

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Oddjob04/03/2009 13:13:07
1635 forum posts
79 photos
The lates GW has just arrived in the post.  That's what to do while SWMBO talks to me tonight sorted then!.
Comments to follow in due course.

Richard
Olly Parry-Jones04/03/2009 14:14:12
2776 forum posts
636 photos
Looks like a good issue.

Good to see Richard (Mr.Maguire) is on board with his workshop cupboard. Are we likely to see your bench-build in print in the future?

I was looking forward to seeing Marc's (Sparky) Egyptian-style dresser. I guess that'll have to wait 'til next month though.

On p.27, there's a caption on rub joints where the photograph only shows the boards being layed out... Well, I'd hope this isn't showing Ben's attempts at gluing up anyway! Are you ever gonna run out of ash, Ben??
Oddjob04/03/2009 19:07:40
1635 forum posts
79 photos
  I haven't started to read mine yet but your comment about the captions is no surprise. There are often mismatched pictures and captions.

In the last issue there were pictures and captions swapped over and some pictures with captions that related to unpublished pictures!

There are also frequent spelling and grammatical errors. As I've said before, there is obviously no proof reading these days.

However, I shall be happy just to see the magazine content continue to move back towards "Good Woodworking" and back off a little on the "Good Woodworkers."

Richard
Dauid Kent04/03/2009 19:14:47
217 forum posts
1 photos
looks  crap again  nails  ash boards saws chisels kids suff glad my subscription endss in aprill  and so dozes the woodworker ill stick to the woodturning brilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllantttttttttttttttttttttt no toolsssssssssssssssssssssss in it
Sparky04/03/2009 19:23:00
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Quickly browsed through the magazine which I will read later relaxing in the bath.

Nice to see Richard's ( Mr Magquire) cupboard in this issue.

Olly
Sadly I had problems with the post office...again. they lost my photo disc
A new one was sent and I've been told it will be in the next issue..........which I'm nervously looking forward to.
Marc
Woodworker04/03/2009 20:48:36
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi all, thanks for your feedback. I can assure you the editorial team on Good Wood will read them.

Olly, not sure what happened there ~ wrong caption by the looks of it. Funny you should ask about the ash. I'm just about to run out should just have enough to finish the desk without another trip to the timber yard but that's it.
Sparky04/03/2009 21:22:49
7631 forum posts
22 photos
Sounds like you need another tree Ben!
Olly Parry-Jones04/03/2009 21:36:22
2776 forum posts
636 photos
Ben, just wondering which timber yard you used for the How Does Wood Work? article? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere...
Woodworker04/03/2009 22:13:57
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
It's one of my favorite timber yards ~ Morgan Timber in Rochester. I had a great time taking the pics for that article. Their currently redesigning their website so a lot of the unseen photos will be used on the new site.

Ron Davis05/03/2009 19:47:57
1614 forum posts
201 photos
I have just read Richard Maguires atricle, for a man who claims to have been barely able to sign his name a year ago he has gained an excellent command of english. Surely he didn't have time to do all that wood work and evening classes?

An informative article, and - what is sometimes missing - a sense of humour

Ron

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact