By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Email forum alerts now live

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Woodworker28/01/2009 15:50:53
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
As of today we have a new forum email alert system in place which gives you the option of choosing which threads to receive alerts on. To activate the alerts for any thread on the site simply add it to your bookmarks.

When you post a new message on a thread you should also notice a check box below the main text box which says 'send me email notifications when someone replies to this thread'.

If at any time you want to stop receiving alerts for a particular thread simply delete it from your bookmarks.

Please feel free to leave feedback here. I value all your feedback.

Cheers,
Ben 
George Arnold28/01/2009 19:29:00
1834 forum posts
191 photos
 Ben
You are slowly getting there, just testing
But the Spark(Y) has gone out of the web site lately
George
Toothy28/01/2009 19:42:51
458 forum posts
67 photos
Hi Ben

Won't you get the techies to put a 'return to top of the page' in somewhere easily accessable to save having to scroll up to return to where one started. As a suggestion it could be at the extreme right in the bar with the date/time.
Toothy
Dave Atkinson28/01/2009 21:11:52
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi Ben
Do you mean "bookmark" the thread?
It would be useful to get the navigation links back above the threads to make navigation across the forum easier.
Cheers Dave
Woodworker29/01/2009 08:34:20
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
George, I'm sure Sparky will be back soon.

Toothy, I'll talk to our 'techies' about that one ~ good idea.

Dave, my mistake, I should have said bookmark, not favorite. I'll change the original post to avoid confusion.

Cheers,
Ben 
Joe O 329/01/2009 13:16:04
203 forum posts
Hi Ben,
Me again. "message member" is working but stil doesn't appear at the bottom of my postings. only "send to a friend".
Joe.  
Woodworker29/01/2009 15:48:44
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi Joe,

That's normal. It's not there because there's no reason for a member to message themselves. Everyone else will see the message link under your post so don't worry, it's there when it needs to be.

I see exactly the same under my posts i.e. just send to a friend

Cheers,
Ben 
Joe O 329/01/2009 16:10:43
203 forum posts
Hi Ben,
Silly me Thanks  for your help.
Cheers
Joe
George Arnold29/01/2009 19:06:23
1834 forum posts
191 photos
 Ben
 The email alert is working , I assume I have to click  the notification each time  I post
George
Dave Atkinson29/01/2009 19:18:29
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi George

I book-marked this thread after my post earlier and just received an email advisingme of your post, so I guess you don't have to the tick the box everytime you post.

I wonder why I didn't get elerts about the other posts? 

Cheers Dave 
George Arnold30/01/2009 16:45:26
1834 forum posts
191 photos
 Thanks Dave we will have to see how it goes I'll not tick this post to see iff you get notified, I suppose Ben and his gang are busy getting ready for the wood work show.
George
Toothy30/01/2009 20:10:43
458 forum posts
67 photos
Hi George & Dave
 Go to your "BOOKMARKS" and any thread that you have requested an e-mail reply to will be there. If you wish to discontinue that thread just delete it - icon on righthand side. If a thread isn't there you will need to request an e-mail reply.

Ben
The e-mail notification comes through promptly but the whole posting is included. Is this correct / what was intended or was the idea just to let us know that there was an answer and we need to logon to the site to read it (login to reply).

Toothy
Dave Atkinson03/02/2009 11:33:11
672 forum posts
115 photos
Hi everyone, bit tardy in replying  but it all seems to work fine.  I like seeing the response in the notificatiuon as it saves me logging on.

Cheers Dave 
Woodworker03/02/2009 14:32:41
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles
Hi George, sorry about the delay. Lot's going on at the moment. You've got it right though ~ either click the notification check box or add the thread to your favorites if you want to receive email notifications for new posts. I'm pretty sure you just need to tick the check box the first time you post but if in doubt you can check your favorites list.

Hi Toothy, this is what's intended at present but we can always change it down the line if need be. 

Hi Dave, the notification system hasn't been running for long so that should explain why you didn't receive alerts for earlier posts.

Ben 
George Arnold03/02/2009 15:58:34
1834 forum posts
191 photos
 Why do I get Internet explorer cannot display this page every time I try to put a message on the web site, I have to go back to the previous page to clear , and then I think the message has not gone, because being the previous page the message is not there  I then have to go back to the forum page and click on latest mail open the thread to check if the posting is there, Ill see what happens this time, I don't know if it is my end or a web fault.
George

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact