By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

OPJ'S Blanket chest

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mr Maguire26/01/2009 20:15:57
265 forum posts
1 photos
Olly,
This picture is a classic...I have been known to bring timber in the house to dry but not quite like this. You have made great progress today.
What did you decide to do about the corner joints?
Also, any chance of some more pics of your router table

Thanks
Richard
Ralph Harvey26/01/2009 20:24:17
3274 forum posts
315 photos
2 articles
Olly,
Great use of space there, dont think i would get away with that one in my house.

Looking forward to the rest of the project.

Ralph
Olly Parry-Jones26/01/2009 20:39:58
2776 forum posts
636 photos
Thanks, you guys.

Richard, I can just about swing the door closed without hitting the long stack! I had to put up with a strong smell of resin for a few days though. Not something I'm used to, normally working with hardwoods at home. It didn't help the cold I had at the time either!

I was gonna forget about it all and just biscuit joint the corners but, I've decided to go with the joint which I think you liked, actually. It should be a piece of cake with the new router table!

Here's a shot of the router table, since you asked (this is the best one I have to-hand, at the moment):

It's made from 18mm moisture resistant MDF. The top has been laminated with Formica on both sides and the rest of it is painted white to suit. It's only a benchtop model, which means I can store it away under the mitre saw... Saying that, it does weight quite a bit! But, it really keeps the noise (and dust) down, unlike the Bosch table I had before, which was 'open' underneath. The NVR switch was about £15 from Charnwood.net and the aluminium plate from Tilgear, about £30?
will spencer26/01/2009 20:44:57
21 forum posts
olly thats a serious set of slatted shelves lol.
Mr Maguire26/01/2009 21:32:31
265 forum posts
1 photos
Olly
I think it will be strong enough however you join the corners as you have so much long grain to work with. If all else fails...get the drill out and a box of spax.
your router table is very impressive, I love the long feather board. Thats something i've been meaning to make for my bandsaw. I think I would find a good router table very usefull, I just cant bring myself to bring one in the workshop....yet. Saying that, with the new planner thicknesser on its way i think i'm finaly coming around to this hole machine thing.
Thanks for the picture.
Richard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact