By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

aeg router of2050

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
russell arnold26/01/2009 20:13:39
12 forum posts
hi all im thinking of buying an aeg router can someone please till me if their anygood or is aeg tools anygood i currently have mainly dewalt tools but this router is going for an unbeatable price.....         THANKS 
Mr Maguire26/01/2009 20:23:23
265 forum posts
1 photos
Welcome to the forum Russell.
I've never  personally owned AEG, but i have seen alot about on sites I've worked on. I have heard alot of good things about them though. somewere on this website there is a video review that Ben did on some AEG cordless tools... he seemed quite impresed.
I hope this helps.
Richard
russell arnold26/01/2009 20:27:14
12 forum posts
thanks mate i,ll have a look
will spencer26/01/2009 20:43:09
21 forum posts
aeg are owned by bosch,nuff said.
seriously though the aeg is a real workhorse of a router.if its a good price go for it.
depending on the work youdothe bosch GOF series of routers are worth a look.
go for the pro models not the diy stuff.
russell arnold30/01/2009 21:03:48
12 forum posts
thanks for replies.  right iv,e decided not to buy the aeg i think it,s to big for what i need it for.
I'm new to the world of routing Ive only used other peoples for various jobs (round over, chamfer, slot cutting for biscuit jointing, rebating].  I'm a wood floor layer and work with a lot of hardwoods I basically need a router which can perform these tasks. I wont be using the router everyday but i am interested in learning to do more with routers.  I
russell arnold30/01/2009 21:04:55
12 forum posts

Ive got 2 routers in mind the trend t4ek 850w, i like this because it looks a good size to handle and control but was worried the power and the size of the base plate for the tasks i need it for besides it,s a very good price for a good brand. 
the other 1 is the Triton MOF001 1400W its got a good right up and power its bigger and heavier and I'm sure it will do the tasks i need it for but was wondering was it unnecessary and that maybe it was a bit big               thanks would appreciate your help
will spencer31/01/2009 20:31:07
21 forum posts
russell,you say you're a floor layer?by trade?for a living?you may need a router in 110v for h&s purposes
trend t4 is more of a diy type router you maybe better with the trend t5
the dewalt dw615 and dewalt dw621 are worth a look as is the bosch gof900.

have a squint on ebay you'llfind something like for the right price
russell arnold01/02/2009 00:27:47
12 forum posts
cheers will, but i thought the t5 was only 900 watt and the t4 is 850watt so doesn,t see, to be much difference or is their 
Jim A01/02/2009 21:39:38
123 forum posts
59 photos
hey russell

i disagree with will on the fact that the trend t4 is a diy router i'm a carpenter by trade and own a trend t4 and a t10 and have owned makita routers and dewalt 1/4" and 1/2" and the trend equivelents blow the pants off them

i looked at the t5 before buying the t4 and depending on your needs the t4 is a lot easier to use as you can operate it one handed

what do you need it for if its for biscuit jointing or making tongue and groove i would personally go for a 1/2" ie the t10 or t11

as for bosch i see them on the same par as ryobi more orientated towards the more serious diyer not for a tradesman

jim
russell arnold01/02/2009 22:22:21
12 forum posts
so confused here i will basically be using it for what i said above and it will be for making grooves just no tongue.  Ive got the money to buy the t4 tomorrow but anything bigger the price goes up considerable so i will have to wait.
what are the main differences between the t4 and t5 they are only 50watts of power different
will spencer01/02/2009 23:15:56
21 forum posts
hello james
like your reply.
i'm a kitchen fitter/joiner by trade.
the trend t5 is an industrial rated router where as the t4 is a light trade rated router.
the armature and windings on the t5 are more substantial than the t4.
i'm not being disrespectful to you james saying that bosch are on par with ryobi being a serious diyer.sorry mate you obviously haven't used the bosch blue proffessional range. the boschgreen range is actually better than ryobi.
have you tried the bosch gof 2000?
russell arnold01/02/2009 23:25:27
12 forum posts
a couple of questions for james as he has the t4
will it cut a grove in to oak flooring with a cutter with relative ease? and what is the balance like in doing so  and will the smaller base plate cause a problem?
Erik Lindsten04/02/2009 23:27:22
11 forum posts
Don't think Bosch owns AEG, but Skil. AEG and Milwaukee are made by the same manufacturer. 

Well, if we are talking about Bosch, I guess it's importan to keep the green and the blue ones apart. The green ones are sold as DIY products while the blue ones are sold as of "industrial quality".  A bit surprising if someone would rate the blue ones DIY, even if people's preferences are very different when it comes to tools.

Russell, have you considered a Festool OF1010? Expensive? Yes!! But indeed very useful for flooring with the guide rail. 

Jim A04/02/2009 23:56:19
123 forum posts
59 photos
Hey guys sorry if my comments seem a bit strange but i have owned the bosch blue range planer and jigsaw which i really wasn't too impressed with at the mo i own the gc 12 sd which i will say is a great tool i now own the festool ts55, planer and jigsaw which i hope you all should agree is in a completely different class
Erik Lindsten05/02/2009 08:56:25
11 forum posts
James, the Festool tools are fantastic, but I've chosen the Bosch GST 135 jigsaw rather than the Festool PS 300, and have not regretted that. (These are loaf models, not the ones with D-shaped handles) Have no experience of the Festool planers. The TS75 plunge saw is amazing.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact