By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Festool router/ Andy King

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jason Turk15/02/2008 18:58:00
15 forum posts

Hi Andy,

Hopefully you'll see this. I was on the Festool stand on Sunday checking out the guide rail plunge saws and work table, and as I was running late with a long journey home I missed their new router. Silly really as I have thought for ages that the old 2000 was getting a bit long in the tooth and I never thought to ask the guys if there was anything new in the pipeline.

Quite by chance I ran into the festool guy in R&R in Cirencester on Friday and we got chatting and he mentioned they had a new router coming out in March/April.

I then discovered you talking about it from the show in another thread on the website. Did you get hands on with it? What did you  think? will there be a review in an up coming magazine?

Thanks

Jason

Andy King16/02/2008 16:03:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Hi Jason, Yep, had a brief tour of the router and it's pretty impressive (price isn't, about 600!!!) Anyway, the plunge is very neat, now a simple twist operation on the handle, not like the old Elu96, this is on top of the grip, rather like a fine height adjuster. Quick release bases are clever as well for templating, guide rails etc. I've definitely got my name down for a loan sample for a test as soon as they are out! Cheers, Andy
Jason Turk17/02/2008 21:09:00
15 forum posts

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. Thought it would be pricey.

Jason.

Paul Finlay29/02/2008 18:15:00
285 forum posts

hi Guys

Could you keep me informed on that too because if it has quick release guide bushes kike the 1400 I will have to ask santa to come early.

Thanks

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact