By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Kity 619 cabinet saw

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian Hatcliffe14/02/2008 12:23:00
12 forum posts

I've just begun to use my Kity 619 which has been in 'cold-storage' ever since I bought it some years ago.

Two requests: Firstly, the splendid looking fence which fits on to a solid casting is a few degrees out of true...am I missing an obvious adjustment and has anyone else in the past found a solution?

Secondly, the small mitre fence is slightly slack in its track which gives a slight +/- result when cutting which obviously gives for inaccuracy. Any solutions apart from putting in a new bar?

Andy King15/02/2008 07:59:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles

Hi Julian,

I can't remember offhand if the 619 has the same sort of fence set up as my Kity 419, but if it has the same aluminium box section extrusion along the front as a running rail, there are elongated slots it the holes that fit it to the table itself.

On mine, it was a simple matter of slackening the bolts of the running rail, putting the fence on and aligning it with the mitre slot until it was parallel, and nipping them back up.

The mitre fence running bar can be tightened by making a few indents into the top of the bar near the edge with a centrepunch. This makes a slight bump into the edges of the bar, tightening it in the slot. If it's too tight, you simply file the bumps down a little.

hope this helps.

Andy

Julian Hatcliffe15/02/2008 08:40:00
12 forum posts

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your kind response. I will try both methods and feedback to you.

I hope the photos of the new Festool router and yourself were successful at Alexandra Palace on Saturday!

Kind regards

Julian

(PS If this message has been duplicated, my apologies, I'm not sure if my first attempt was successful!)

Andy King15/02/2008 09:33:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Ah, was that you with the other guy we asked to stand back while we took a picture? Sorry if it was, but hopefully we got a decent one from it, even with me in it! The router looks great doesn't it? Some good unique features, especially the plunge lock - very nice! cheers, Andy
Julian Hatcliffe18/02/2008 13:15:00
12 forum posts

Andy

Yes it was! You always have to 'arrange the furniture' if you want to take a good photo!

I've had an awful cold through the end of last week - hopefully I'll try out your suggestions later this week!

Julian

Julian Hatcliffe29/02/2008 17:35:00
12 forum posts

Hi Andy

The mitre fence bar responded to the treatment!

The Kity 619 fence is more complicated...there is no adjustment possible with the extrusion...simply bolt holes! I've discovered that by packing out one of the lugs on the housing that sits on the track extrusion at the edge of the saw, the angle of the fence can be adjusted accurately, so I thinks this calls for a little careful filing on the opposite lug to compensate for the inaccuracy!

Many thanks for pointing me in the right directions!

Julian

Neil Williams16/10/2008 13:44:00
6 forum posts

My Dad has a Kity 619 given to him from the place he works.  he would like to keep it but hasn't the room so i was going to Ebay it for him.

If anyone wants it though, pick up from South Wales just let me know

neilwill@hotmail.co.uk

Woodworker16/10/2008 16:40:00
1745 forum posts
1 photos
74 articles

Hi Neil and welcome to GW.

We've got a dedicated forum area for classified ads here.

Try posting a new thread there along with a price tag. You're much more likely to get some responses that way.

Cheers,
Ben

Julian Hatcliffe14/02/2008 12:23:00
12 forum posts

I've just begun to use my Kity 619 which has been in 'cold-storage' ever since I bought it some years ago.

Two requests: Firstly, the splendid looking fence which fits on to a solid casting is a few degrees out of true...am I missing an obvious adjustment and has anyone else in the past found a solution?

Secondly, the small mitre fence is slightly slack in its track which gives a slight +/- result when cutting which obviously gives for inaccuracy. Any solutions apart from putting in a new bar?

Andy King15/02/2008 07:59:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles

Hi Julian,

I can't remember offhand if the 619 has the same sort of fence set up as my Kity 419, but if it has the same aluminium box section extrusion along the front as a running rail, there are elongated slots it the holes that fit it to the table itself.

On mine, it was a simple matter of slackening the bolts of the running rail, putting the fence on and aligning it with the mitre slot until it was parallel, and nipping them back up.

The mitre fence running bar can be tightened by making a few indents into the top of the bar near the edge with a centrepunch. This makes a slight bump into the edges of the bar, tightening it in the slot. If it's too tight, you simply file the bumps down a little.

hope this helps.

Andy

Julian Hatcliffe15/02/2008 08:40:00
12 forum posts

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for your kind response. I will try both methods and feedback to you.

I hope the photos of the new Festool router and yourself were successful at Alexandra Palace on Saturday!

Kind regards

Julian

(PS If this message has been duplicated, my apologies, I'm not sure if my first attempt was successful!)

Andy King15/02/2008 09:33:00
170 forum posts
8 photos
19 articles
Ah, was that you with the other guy we asked to stand back while we took a picture? Sorry if it was, but hopefully we got a decent one from it, even with me in it! The router looks great doesn't it? Some good unique features, especially the plunge lock - very nice! cheers, Andy
Julian Hatcliffe18/02/2008 13:15:00
12 forum posts

Andy

Yes it was! You always have to 'arrange the furniture' if you want to take a good photo!

I've had an awful cold through the end of last week - hopefully I'll try out your suggestions later this week!

Julian

Julian Hatcliffe29/02/2008 17:35:00
12 forum posts

Hi Andy

The mitre fence bar responded to the treatment!

The Kity 619 fence is more complicated...there is no adjustment possible with the extrusion...simply bolt holes! I've discovered that by packing out one of the lugs on the housing that sits on the track extrusion at the edge of the saw, the angle of the fence can be adjusted accurately, so I thinks this calls for a little careful filing on the opposite lug to compensate for the inaccuracy!

Many thanks for pointing me in the right directions!

Julian

Neil Williams16/10/2008 13:44:00
6 forum posts

My Dad has a Kity 619 given to him from the place he works.  he would like to keep it but hasn't the room so i was going to Ebay it for him.

If anyone wants it though, pick up from South Wales just let me know

neilwill@hotmail.co.uk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Tool Post
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact