By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

storage

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Barrie Pressling13/01/2008 14:43:00
7 forum posts

Hi everybody, Happy new year

I think I'm suffering the same as a lot of others by being overloaded with DVD's which seem to accumulate over the passage of time. It's time ( by order) to think about some form of storage unit. So if anybody could give me any sort of designs for a DVD storage unit or a "link", I'd appreciate it. I've got a unit already for CD's, like a small tower on a lazy susan which is quite nice, but wanted to look at something differnt 

Delete13/01/2008 19:24:00
575 forum posts

Have a look at Norms CD storage Unit on the New Yankee Workshop Web site Newyankee.com

Big Al13/01/2008 20:00:00
1602 forum posts
73 photos
Hi This is a design that I have used a couple of times, and could easily be adapted to your own requirements, for example you could add a door quite easily. http://www.getwoodworking.com/sites/5/images/member_albums/4563/cherrydvd.jpg The DVD's are held in place using plastic inserts which I purchased from Isaacc lord (click this link to go to info page (prices include V.A.T. but not delivery)) http://www.isaaclord.co.uk/productDetail.aspx?product=86&subCat=476&parentCat=1 Hope this helps. Al
Barrie Pressling15/01/2008 18:08:00
7 forum posts

Thanks for your help Roger B and Bigpricey I'll look into both of your suggestions and await "further orders"

derek willis19/01/2008 11:52:00
2314 forum posts
1 articles

Barrie,

I made two tower cabinets, one for d.v.ds. and one for c.ds. Using storage racks specifically made for the purpose, I obtained them from Isaac Lord at High Wycombe, several alternatives are shown on their website.

Derek.

Would put a picture here if I knew how.

Barrie Pressling20/01/2008 09:41:00
7 forum posts

Hi Dereck

Thanks for your suggestions, in fact I looked at Issac Lords only this morning and have seen the very things you mentioned, so that's where I'll go for my "bits"

Barrie

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Triton
D&M Tools
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact