By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Oak Doors

Help SOS

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Sam10/12/2007 23:10:00
386 forum posts
110 photos

I have almost finished building my new porch , constructed of a Local Ashlared Stone  ( at great expense ) . I own a Grade II Listed house and have to match the existing front door which is a plank , ledge and brace .  I have looked in to buying one and found them to be sooooooooo expensive , being in the trade I have an idea of what it takes / costs  , I would love to make my own but I need a frame to suit too , only thing is that my tools and knowledge are not extensive enough to make them both , I have spent many hours ( ask my partner ) trawling the net in search of free plans / specs  . having resigned myself to the fact that unless I fork out a large wad in return for a plan I will only use the once , I will nedd to purchase a completed unit . 

Now to the reason of my post , does anyone know where I can find plans to make the door 'n' frame or is there any one within reasonable traveling distnce of south somerset that I could commision to make the items .

Any help will be gratefully received

And just like to say this is agreat site and hope to post some of my mini efforts in the near future  .

cheers

JohnMcM11/12/2007 15:41:00
134 forum posts
38 photos

The article on this very site may help

stable dooor

Cheers

John 

Roger W20/12/2007 18:36:00
50 forum posts
8 photos

I made a door at college as part of a machine woodworking course. I've got the plans and scanned them in but how to get it to you? I've added a picture to my gallery. Album title is Roger. Hope this helps.

Roger

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Triton
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact