By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

SIP Bobbin Sander

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Charles Fellows03/12/2007 17:19:00
19 forum posts

I have been the owner of a bobbin sander which although it carried a SIP name the same item is also marketed many others, the problem I am having is that after only a very short period of use the worm wheel assembly which operates the reciprocating action fails, I am now on the third repair.

Has any one else had this problem? I also apprecaite that these items and many others are "manifactured" in China or similar where quantity and price takes precidence over quality;  to the demise of British manifacture!

Big Al04/12/2007 05:17:00
1598 forum posts
73 photos
I have a delta B.O.S.S. bobbin sander, which I bought about 5 years ago and have had no problem with it.
adrian Gill15/01/2017 15:49:01
1 forum posts

I have exactly the same problem with my SIP bobbin sander - twice the worm drive has failed both times after less than five hours use each occasion - made of soft metal - - not paying out any more money for any more inferior make spares - in my opinion do not buy a SIP BOBBIN SANDER - I am binning mine and getting a triton!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact